Email advance to the prev message instead of next after froyo upgrade

sdavis

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, unrooted. Prior to upgrading to Froyo, I was able to browse my emails (starting with the earliest), when I click delete it will delete my current email and advance to the next new email. That way it allows me to check all my messages in sequence - oldest first.

After upgrading to Froyo, the delete action advances to the previous email instead of the next new one. So I have to manually advance it myself after each delete. Has anyone encountered this problem? I could not find any settings to control this. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Steve

OP
S

sdavis

Reaction score
Now that most of you are on Froyo. Has anyone else run into this problem?

In Gmail, there is a setting called "Auto-Advance" which you can control whether to show Newer or Older email after a delete. With the stock Email, there is no such setting. In 2.1 and 2.0, it used to advance to the next new message. But in 2.2, it always advance to the previous message.

Steve

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the worst part of 2.2. After viewing an email, I press the back button and if I'm in the newest email, it just brings me back to the same newest email. (Gmail) It is the worst part of 2.2 and I love 2.2 overall.

Half the time I get frustrated after 5 back button presses and just hit the home key.

Even worse than that, in the menu while viewing an email there is a selection "back to inbox". When I select that it brings me to the inbox, and if I press back it brings me to the newest email!

Its a never ending cycle of my droid pwning me.