eLocity A7 Tegra 2 Tablet Shipping now.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
elocity-a7-550x332.jpg

Our friends at Phandroid just reported that Stream TV Networks has announced availability of their eLocity A7 tablet. Starting today, a number of retailers are offering the 7-inch Tegra 2 device. Amazon, TigerDirect, Sears, MicroCenter, WalMart, and NewEgg to name a few.

The best place to purchase it right now is BJS. They are offering it for $70 less than anywhere else. Total cost $299.99. Not a bad deal for a dual-core device that comes with Android 2.2, HDMI-out, a standard USB port, and a microSD card slot to add up to 32GB of storage to the 4GB of internal memory. You must purchase before December 18th to take advantage of this great deal though.

Happy Holidays DF's readers!

Product Features:

1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core CPU for high-speed performance

7” high-resolution 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen for brilliant picture quality and intuitive navigation

512MB DDR2 memory (4GB HS-flash memory) can be expanded via micro SDHC slot (supports memory cards up to 32GB) or USB 2.0 port (supports flash memory devices up to 64GB)

802.11b/g wireless LAN and Bluetooth keep you connected

Built-in webcam, headphone and microphone jacks and integrated stereo speakers help you make the most of your favorite Android apps

Includes Android 2.2 operating system

Source: Phandroid

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I like how the Motorola Devour is priced at $180 more than this device. When will price fixing to trap people into contracts come to an end?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
No market access. Fail.

I think it does have Market access. All the other Google apps are shown on the desktop, telling me that it does have the GAPPS suite.

There isn't a single google app shown on that screen shot. Those are the standard source built apps you get when pulling the Android repo (email, gallery, music, etc..).

Google apps are Gmail, Market, Maps, etc...

Most tablets can't get Google Apps (Market) legitimately as Google's requirements are those for a phone...so the tablet would have to have all the hardware requirements a phone has, and most don't (Samsung Galaxy Tab does though they disable the phone in the US market).

You can hack the Market to just about anything....including the Android Emulator, the Archos Gen8 tabs, the Viewsonic Gtab and most likely this.....

A better buy right now is the Viewsonic G-Tablet, a 10" version similar to this (Tegra 2 CPU, 512meg ram, 16gig internal storage, etc..) at $349 on sale at Sears (reg. $399).

It's been fully hacked with alternate ROM choices, full GMail/Market, etc....even CyanogenMod6.1 (Beta4) is available for it.

I've got one of these and other than poor viewing angles, it's been a very sweet tab.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Assuming this thing is as easy to root as the GTab and gets some XDA love I may get this to go along with my GTab. The GTab is an absolutely incredible tablet. Not to mention that running TnT Lite 2.4.0 it is a screamer. Wouldn't my a 7" little brother to give me a little extra portability though. dancedroid

Ooh slightly off topic but the Archos 101 when tweaked is freakin AWESOME as well.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Why does it not surprise me that BJ's is showing it out of stock? After the fiasco at Amazon (delays, canceled orders, etc.), I seriously doubt that BJ's ever had any inventory. I don't remember when I first looked at their website if it was listed as a preorder, but Elocity has a buttload of problems getting the A7 to market.

Reviews? None. There were 6 VERY PISSED people at Amazon, but amazingly, 4 of the reviews have "vanished." Since this hasn't hit the street yet (other than, I think some Engadget previews) there are no reliable user reviews.

To everyone looking for something golden under $300: try the Nook Color. You give up: camera, GPS, 3G, and HDMI, but gain in return a very affordable machine (easy to root, see link below) with wonderful hardware that compares well to the Galaxy Tab, for less than half the price.

Portal:NookColor - nookDevs

-Matt

Zargon

Reaction score
7” high-resolution 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen for brilliant picture quality and intuitive navigation

I don't consider this high resolution, for a 7" device anyway.

Zargon

Reaction score
Here's the Droid 1 next to the Viewsonic 10" G-tablet (1024x600 res).

Had to snap the pic with my iPhone 3g so excuse the quality :)

http://www.tomcrews.com/gtab/compare.jpg[/MG][/quote]

How do you like that Viewsonic? I'm considering picking one up.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
How do you like that Viewsonic? I'm considering picking one up.

Stock....it sucks worse than a broken vacuum cleaner.

Modded...I don't ever put it down. My "smart" phone is becoming a phone it seems as I use the GTab for everything else.

XDA-Developers forum has a section dedicated to it and it's a "must" to install either VEGAn Beta3 or TnT-Lite 2.4.0 (or CyanogenMod 6.1Beta4).

Reading news (Genie News widget), web sites, TapaTalk (for forums), playing Angry Birds, writing emails, etc...are all much nicer on the large screen for me.

Quadrant scores are pretty nice too..

quaddone.png