1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

eLocity A7 Tegra 2 Tablet Shipping now.

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Dec 13, 2010.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Our friends at Phandroid just reported that Stream TV Networks has announced availability of their eLocity A7 tablet. Starting today, a number of retailers are offering the 7-inch Tegra 2 device. Amazon, TigerDirect, Sears, MicroCenter, WalMart, and NewEgg to name a few.

The best place to purchase it right now is BJS. They are offering it for $70 less than anywhere else. Total cost $299.99. Not a bad deal for a dual-core device that comes with Android 2.2, HDMI-out, a standard USB port, and a microSD card slot to add up to 32GB of storage to the 4GB of internal memory. You must purchase before December 18th to take advantage of this great deal though.

Happy Holidays DF's readers!

Product Features:

1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual Core CPU for high-speed performance

7” high-resolution 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen for brilliant picture quality and intuitive navigation

512MB DDR2 memory (4GB HS-flash memory) can be expanded via micro SDHC slot (supports memory cards up to 32GB) or USB 2.0 port (supports flash memory devices up to 64GB)

802.11b/g wireless LAN and Bluetooth keep you connected

Built-in webcam, headphone and microphone jacks and integrated stereo speakers help you make the most of your favorite Android apps

Includes Android 2.2 operating system

Source: Phandroid
  2. dbst

dbst New Member

Wow! only $299? that's a great price!!
  3. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo New Member

I like how the Motorola Devour is priced at $180 more than this device. When will price fixing to trap people into contracts come to an end?
  4. chadamir

chadamir New Member

No market access. Fail.
  5. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

How can you tell? And seriously, whats the point. Then again, I'm sure Z4Root would work and you could add it.

Ugly device too IMO.
  6. regkilla

regkilla New Member

thats a great price!
  7. UNC

UNC New Member

I think it does have Market access. All the other Google apps are shown on the desktop, telling me that it does have the GAPPS suite.
  8. ENOTTY

ENOTTY New Member

Are there any reviews of this thing?
  9. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

There isn't a single google app shown on that screen shot. Those are the standard source built apps you get when pulling the Android repo (email, gallery, music, etc..).

Google apps are Gmail, Market, Maps, etc...

Most tablets can't get Google Apps (Market) legitimately as Google's requirements are those for a phone...so the tablet would have to have all the hardware requirements a phone has, and most don't (Samsung Galaxy Tab does though they disable the phone in the US market).

You can hack the Market to just about anything....including the Android Emulator, the Archos Gen8 tabs, the Viewsonic Gtab and most likely this.....

A better buy right now is the Viewsonic G-Tablet, a 10" version similar to this (Tegra 2 CPU, 512meg ram, 16gig internal storage, etc..) at $349 on sale at Sears (reg. $399).

It's been fully hacked with alternate ROM choices, full GMail/Market, etc....even CyanogenMod6.1 (Beta4) is available for it.

I've got one of these and other than poor viewing angles, it's been a very sweet tab.
  10. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Assuming this thing is as easy to root as the GTab and gets some XDA love I may get this to go along with my GTab. The GTab is an absolutely incredible tablet. Not to mention that running TnT Lite 2.4.0 it is a screamer. Wouldn't my a 7" little brother to give me a little extra portability though. dancedroid

Ooh slightly off topic but the Archos 101 when tweaked is freakin AWESOME as well.
  11. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Well-Known Member

Why does it not surprise me that BJ's is showing it out of stock? After the fiasco at Amazon (delays, canceled orders, etc.), I seriously doubt that BJ's ever had any inventory. I don't remember when I first looked at their website if it was listed as a preorder, but Elocity has a buttload of problems getting the A7 to market.

Reviews? None. There were 6 VERY PISSED people at Amazon, but amazingly, 4 of the reviews have "vanished." Since this hasn't hit the street yet (other than, I think some Engadget previews) there are no reliable user reviews.

To everyone looking for something golden under $300: try the Nook Color. You give up: camera, GPS, 3G, and HDMI, but gain in return a very affordable machine (easy to root, see link below) with wonderful hardware that compares well to the Galaxy Tab, for less than half the price.

Portal:NookColor - nookDevs

-Matt
  12. Zargon

Zargon New Member

I don't consider this high resolution, for a 7" device anyway.
  13. tcrews

Here's the Droid 1 next to the Viewsonic 10" G-tablet (1024x600 res).

Had to snap the pic with my iPhone 3g so excuse the quality :)

[​IMG]
  14. Zargon

Zargon New Member

15. tcrews

Stock....it sucks worse than a broken vacuum cleaner.

Modded...I don't ever put it down. My "smart" phone is becoming a phone it seems as I use the GTab for everything else.

XDA-Developers forum has a section dedicated to it and it's a "must" to install either VEGAn Beta3 or TnT-Lite 2.4.0 (or CyanogenMod 6.1Beta4).

Reading news (Genie News widget), web sites, TapaTalk (for forums), playing Angry Birds, writing emails, etc...are all much nicer on the large screen for me.

Quadrant scores are pretty nice too..

[​IMG]
  16. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

I love mine. I am currently running TnT Lite 2.4.0 with all the market and Flash goodness along with LPP and it is HEAVEN. Prior this I was running CM 6.1b4 and it was nice but I found TnT Lite to be more stable. I am considering giving VEGAn a try but I am just so damned happy with my current ROM.
  17. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

I've got the Archos a70 and love it... this guy makes me wonder a bit though.

My a70 has Market access also, this tab ships with GetJar access... definitely not as cool. The specs sound okay though, maybe I'll trip to BJ's to see if they've got one sitting out for a hands-on.
  18. tcrews

I was running TnT-Lite 2.2 but switched to VEGAn Beta3 last night to try it.
    Initially I liked Tnt-Lite better.....but VEGAn is growing on me. It's definitely more AOSP "like" as the settings menu is what you see on your phone, etc...

Both are nice....not sure which I would personally say is better right now.
  19. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

Hrmph... thanks for making it easy on me! :icon_evil: I so wanna try VEGAn but right now this thing is running so damned smooth and setup just the way I want it I can't bring myself to try it out. Unless there is some huge difference in features/performance. Ugh... now if we could only get Viewsonic to drop the source for this thing so we can get some really sharp custom kernels and AOSP builds I would be even more happy.
  20. dbst

dbst New Member

Just ordered one!
Search tags for this page
elocity tablet phone prices

how to root elocity a7