ebay sign in problem help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12master

Reaction score
ok,so I was showing my friends how wonderful and fast the droid is,and as a demo,I go to ebay and sign in with my friend information on ebay website,everthing was ok,but now,I want to sign in with my own info and won't letme do it!!, every time I tried to sign in,the phone will load mi friend username and pasword and delete mine,and I have no clue what I can do next! help please

OP

12master

Reaction score
thanks for the aswer,Im using it already,but the problem with the app is that you can not read o aswer questions,really important when working on ebay!,that's why I need the full browser sometimes!

RighteousAura

Reaction score
Oh I'd imagine that would be a problem then still.. well have you tried using a different browser? Possibly using Dolphin instead of the default.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
try clearing your browser cache, temp files, history, cookies etc... (on your Droid) then try the log in again.

OP

12master

Reaction score
I tried that also,I first deleted username and password,got to more and deleted cache,saved data and cookies,go to ebay again and...well,nothing,still my friends info there and I can not swich back,for a smartphone is getting really on my nerves,this the fourth droid(first one:display no coming back after calls,second one:the same but worse,third one:I was just getting miss calls,wen't to store,they checked and replaced x another,fourth,the one I have now,well,back to ramdon black out's,random yahoo mail,and now this).so,you will say that if I have that many problems why I still have a droid?,well,im thinking that this still is a awesome device,but look like they rush it too soon,and now we pay the price.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
you have any password store apps? or anything that might use a browser setting or user setting attached to any accounts? just trying to trouble shoot here..

OP

12master

Reaction score
no,no passwords apps,nothing to store besides the one with the brownser,the one who asks the first time the you put info if you want the sistem to remenber the pasword,and,talking about that,is there any way to bring that app up to see what is stored there? thanks

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no,no passwords apps,nothing to store besides the one with the brownser,the one who asks the first time the you put info if you want the sistem to remenber the pasword,and,talking about that,is there any way to bring that app up to see what is stored there? thanks

I know you can clear saved passwords in the browser.... > settings > remember passwords (it's under the security settings section)... I'd try 'unchecking' remember passwords and clear passwords as well. There's gotta be a way to get this fixed for ya!

RichStevenson

Reaction score
thanks for the aswer,Im using it already,but the problem with the app is that you can not read o aswer questions,really important when working on ebay!,that's why I need the full browser sometimes!

There's an update today that allows you to read and reply to messages! :icon_ banana:

OP

12master

Reaction score
yep,I updated that and is working nice(the app!),thanks,about the browser,I tried to clear the password,as martin sugested,but nothing yet,keep coming back to my friends username and pasword,really weird,and now in top of that,phone is geeting really hot and not charging!...looks like im on my way to (another!)master reset! (IM the only one getting the lemons!)

webspresso

Reaction score
Ebay User Reset

This happened to me also. Once you put in an eBay username and PW for the first time on your Droid, that account is registered with that phone in eBay's system. In order to "undo" what's been done requires several steps:

1) To change it, you have to backspace and retype the replacement username and password. SUBMIT
2) You will then get a security question from eBay (remember way back when you first opened your eBay account, you were asked questions like "what is your pet's name?" "Where were you born?".)
3) If you answer that correctly, they will send you a phone call with a PIN number, which you then have to use to activate the replacement username.

It is a giant pain in the tukus...I had to go through that last night. But, I guess it's an added layer of protection in case someone finds your phone and decides to take over your accounts or something.