Gallery and YouTube Prompt for Sign-In/Account

Psibro

Reaction score
I don't know why, but all of a sudden when I try to share a video from my gallery via YouTube, my Droid is prompting me to enter my YT account and password. It used to be seamless - just touch share, and it would take me to the upload details screen. The same from the YT app. So, now the annoyance of having to enter sign-in info everytime I upload. Plus, I can't even sign-in with my YT user ID. it seems that it is tacking on "@youtube" to my username, and not recognizing my Password ("You entered the wrong password or your account has changed"). The only time it works is when I sign-in using my gmail account, but I still have to re-enter user and password each time.

I have tried linking/delinking, changing passwords, removing battery, etc. No joy. Please help. This is really annoying - everything was fine till today (accounts were linked, seamless upload, no constant prompting for user info). Now, all screwy. I can log I. Fine from desktop or browser... but not Droid Gallery or Droid YouTube.

Thx,

Psi

CableTec

Reaction score
I am having this problem as well, and it just started today. It doesn't recognize my Gmail, or my Youtube login. VERY annoying, same problem as the above user is having.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Some insight and help on this one would be greatly appreciated

dyno

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem too, can't log in and I'm getting "sorry, this video cannot be played" on youtube.

BTW this just started today..

cuskit

Reaction score
Ditto! And bad timing! I'm on a two and a half hour train ride and wanted to catch up on my utube videos - locked out as stated! Damn!

Anyone know how to delete the uTube after my user name? Mikey

Last edited:

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Wonder if this has anything to do with google buzz integration? I noticed that crap was pushed down to our phones with the last maps update.

bgdave

Reaction score
Mine is messed up too. I had to go to Settings - Account - Sync, select my youtube account, and delete it. Then when I go into youtube on my PC, I linked my google and youtube account. back to the phone and I was able to log in using gmail but now it prompts me fo my password all the time. Very annoying. First time i have checked mine since the initial post had the problem but this is something that has popped up in the last day or so.

cuskit

Reaction score
I also finally deleted my account on the phone, went on the computer and synced it fresh. Now all is well again. Don't know why it add utube.com to my user name! But.. all is well that ends well! :) mikey