Ea28 radio???

astang99

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker, coming from the og droid, I've rooted my fascinate with the SC 2.6 but my radio still says ea 28? Also I have the extended battery and my batter life is horrendous I can actually watch it drop like a ticking clock??? I've did the bstats fix through terminal emulator and everything suggested but it doesn't help, so I reach out to you guys...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hoppermi

Reaction score
I have also found that battery life is horrible on SC and every other EB01 based rom. I am currently using TrulyFascinating and getting much improved battery life.
You need to ODIN the EB01 modem .tar to update your radio.
You can find the radio here in the fascinate development forum. TrulyFascinating can be found @ XDA in the fascinate development forum, unless Tapout27 has it posted here on DF.

Sent from my voodoo froyo

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker, coming from the og droid, I've rooted my fascinate with the SC 2.6 but my radio still says ea 28? Also I have the extended battery and my batter life is horrendous I can actually watch it drop like a ticking clock??? I've did the bstats fix through terminal emulator and everything suggested but it doesn't help, so I reach out to you guys...

You need to ODIN the EB01 modem/radio, here it is: eb01modem.tar

Did you use the SuperClean v2.6 ODIN? so you are rooted, have red clockwork mod recovery etc....?

What battery do you have?
Your battery life will def improve after you flash the new modem...

OP
A

astang99

Reaction score
I have the samsung extended battery

OP
A

astang99

Reaction score
I hate to sound like a newbie and ask stupid questions but what will flashing the new radio do?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
The radio/modem is responsible for data connectivity and signal services etc...the more up to date the build, theoretically, the better signal, service connectivity and data connectivity you should get...
Better connectivity = better battery life etc......hope that helps

OP
A

astang99

Reaction score
Flashed the radio, doesn't seem to be much different even wiped batt stats through terminal emulator???

ashyjerry

Reaction score
Would I have to flash this with odin or could I do so in recovery