DX won't power on at all

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I woke up this morning to my DX stuck at the boot image. Not the animation, but the M logo. I was like...hmmm...whats this all about. It had been sitting there for who knows how long since it was on the charger all night. I unplugged it and still nothing. Pulled the battery and it of course turned off. Now, nothing. It won't power on or do anything.

Normally when you plug in a battery drained phone the led comes on to show its charging, not even that is happening.

I haven't done anything new to my phone recently. Its running Rubix 1.9.5 ROM, but its been on there for a while now.

Did my phone just die? If so, figures it would do so on a holiday. Probably going to have to wait til tomorrow to go to Verizon. UG!!!

Any suggestions would be helpful.

CxUNG

Reaction score
It might just be the battery. Get a new one or if you have a friend that has an X ask them to use it for a bit to see if the battery is the issue.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I took it to Verizon and they said my battery was ok, but my phone was dead. Sadly they don't get replacements in store anymore and you have to get one mailed to you. Luckily its overnight so I should have it today when I get home.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I took it to Verizon and they said my battery was ok, but my phone was dead. Sadly they don't get replacements in store anymore and you have to get one mailed to you. Luckily its overnight so I should have it today when I get home.

Glad you have a new one on the way man. Sucks that

happened to you though. Weird!

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ug, got my "Like New Certified Replacement" and its busted too. The screen flickers on and off constantly. Called them and have to say wasn't too kind on the phone. Anywho, they overnighted me another phone and I should get that today, maybe tomorrow since I called them at 5:30 yesterday evening. Ug, what a pain in the butt.

Rocko

Reaction score
Ug, got my "Like New Certified Replacement" and its busted too. The screen flickers on and off constantly. Called them and have to say wasn't too kind on the phone. Anywho, they overnighted me another phone and I should get that today, maybe tomorrow since I called them at 5:30 yesterday evening. Ug, what a pain in the butt.

The first time you went in, was it a Verizon store? I have not heard of them not giving replacements at the retail locations. Or maybe they were out of stock?