Problem SBF'ing

moclov13

Reaction score
Long story short tried to flash miui last night and now I'm stuck at the boot logo (m logo) can't boot into recovery so went about sbf'ing back to froyo. Followed all the steps everything seems to work fine, until I get to the point after it's done rebooting it says "manually power up this phone" then nothing. Tried to power up while it's plugged in and unplugged and still nothing. Any suggestions of what to do next or something I missed? I am using RSD lite v5.3.1

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
I believe 5.3.1 is most recent, no? Haven't SBF'd in awhile :p

Sometimes after an SBF the phone can get stuck in a sort of boot "limbo" if you will, where it's on but it isn't on, meaning you can't power up. I would try charging the battery without it being in the phone, or just pull it for a couple minutes the charging via wall adapter.
If you can get power to the phone, but it's still stuck at the M logo, make sure your SBF file isn't damaged (md5) and that you have the right version for your current Kernel.

Hope this helps

OP
moclov13

moclov13

Reaction score
After trying all night I finally was able to get it to boot back up, but instead of having a 3g icon all I get is a blue triangle in its place....I can't make calls or connect to any sort of data. Tried flashing gingerbread....same thing. What now? I do believe that is the most current version of Rsd.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to activate your phone. Dial *228 and press option 1. Let it program the phone, it might take a few minutes. If it says unable to program, call Verizon, exit out and try it again. You might have to do it a few times.

SSX v2.0

OP
moclov13

moclov13

Reaction score
Thank you guys....everything is working great, now to get miui!

OP
moclov13

moclov13

Reaction score
Last question (hopefully), every time I try and restore a back-up it gives me the same issue that I started with (stuck at M logo.) Any ideas why this keeps happening?

OP
moclov13

moclov13

Reaction score
most recently it was liberty gb v0.8....but none of them seem to work correctly.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I restore a backup, I first install a fresh copy of the base rom to get the system in place. Then I wipe data, cache and restore the backup. Never fails. So for example: liberty. Wipe data. Install liberty 0.8. Then wipe data and restore my liberty backup

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are on the Froyo kernel (stock Froyo, MIUI, CM7, etc), you cannot install a backup for a GB ROM. You will have to upgrade to rooted Gingerbread, then flash your backup.

Same thing with Gingerbread. You cannot be on Gingerbread and flash a backup to a Froyo ROM. You must sbf first.

That's why you keep getting stuck at the boot logo.

SSX v2.0

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assumed he knew that :p my bad. Yes, you need to be on the leak to restore backups that are based on the leak! Sometimes I forget to really break it down to details.

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assumed he knew that :p my bad. Yes, you need to be on the leak to restore backups that are based on the leak! Sometimes I forget to really break it down to details.

CM74D2

:D dancedroid

SSX v2.0

OP
moclov13

moclov13

Reaction score
Lol very true...it's been a long day and night of sbf'ing trial and error (might I add my first time too) thanks for all your suggestions and help. On stock gb right now, still want to try miui but when I tried installing (on froyo) it kept aborting the install. Guess I'll try again!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the green or the yellow/gold Clockwork Recovery?

The gold one sucks and always aborts stuff. Which sucks because I have to boot into Clockwork manually using ROM Manager to get to the green one.

SSX v2.0

OP
moclov13

moclov13

Reaction score
The green font clockwork...never had a problem flashing stuff before. Maybe it's the file, I downloaded it from droid life.