DX will not show up on PC when connected with USB

supermantx3

Reaction score
Ok I have had this phone for a few moths without any problems til now.

I normally bring my USB cable to work with me (phone reception is terrible so I normally leave it plugged in all day to keep the phone charged). Until 2 days ago this has always worked. Now when I plug the phone in the phone does not charge, the PC does not see the phone, and the phone does not appear as a device. So far I have tried:

1. Unmounting the SD card and restarting the phone.
2. Rebooting the phone in Safe Mode (to eliminate any third party issues)
3. Reinstalled the software on the PC and trying to re-connect the phone.

4. Reboot the PC.
5. Change the mode of the phone (Mass Media Storage, PC Mode, etc.)

The phone does appear in the Device manager as a phone, but only as an unknown device. The install driver does not seem to help. The USB's work on the PC and the USB on the phone will charge the device with the wall charger. The computer I am using is running XP Pro Service Pack 3. The Driver version on the PC is 4.7, and the phone is stock. Any help is appreciated.

Update: Upgraded the phone to Froyo (2.2) still would not connect. And also tried a Hard reset without any help there either.

Last edited:

aninkling

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with Windows 7 x64. It was working fine and then suddenly doesn't any more. The charging works but the device on the computer is driverless. The phone does not respond. I run DLNA and that doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Motorola USB drivers. May have to do with some confusion over Windows Media Player changes. I'm stuck, not able to transfer photos/music between computer and DroidX. Please help.