Dumb ADW Launcher question

Gremlin

Reaction score
Just installed this and learning the launcher.. I looked on the web and everywhere in the settings.. how do I increase number of apps in the dock bar ? Would like to have 4 apps..Any ideas on what am I missing? Thanks

tyler918273

Reaction score
Yes I believe there is no hard limit to the apps you can drag to the dock. You can just scroll to the side, although in my opinion having alot of apps down there is unwieldy. Personally I prefer launcher pro and its 3 docks to adw's single smooth scrolling one.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
drag the apps down. also swipe up on the dock and you can add 8 more i think.

So basically you go into adw settings -> System preferences -> Swipe Up actions and choose Open/Close Dockbar ?

Well i got used to helix :p

Launcher pro I will give that a try... but I do like ADW smoothness though...

Thanks

tameone

Reaction score
drag the apps down. also swipe up on the dock and you can add 8 more i think.

So basically you go into adw settings -> System preferences -> Swipe Up actions and choose Open/Close Dockbar ?

Well i got used to helix :p

Launcher pro I will give that a try... but I do like ADW smoothness though...

Thanks

If you only want 4 icons in your dockbar (along with app menu launcher), there is a better way.

Go to UI settings, disable Dockbar, enable Secondary Action buttons. this gives you 4 hard app icons for the dockbar.

I don't like having different docked icons on different homescreens a la launcher pro.. that defeats the purpose for me. I put those 4 apps there because I want to access them immediately and quickly from any home screen on the phone.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
If you only want 4 icons in your dockbar (along with app menu launcher), there is a better way.

Go to UI settings, disable Dockbar, enable Secondary Action buttons. this gives you 4 hard app icons for the dockbar.

Thank you that is what I was looking for :)