1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dual Booting Rom

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by mmurphyj93, Jan 13, 2011.

1. mmurphyj93

mmurphyj93 New Member

I've heard of it being done on a G1 but is it possible on a D1? Id love to be able to check out all the rom betas without losing my daily rom.

:)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Just make a nandroid backup prior to loading the new rom. Then once you have the new rom the way you want it, make a nandroid backup of it. Repeat as desired. I routinely have two roms with nandroid backups on my phone and switch between the two as the mood strikes me. Good luck and have fun.
  3. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

thats different than a dual booting rom. I have not heard of the D1 being capable of doing this.

As in...option at bootup to pick which ROM you wish to boot into...and switch ROMS by a soft reboot....this is different than restoring nandroids.
  4. doublea500

doublea500 New Member

dont know much about this stuff but heres what i think could get in the way of that. the d1 doesnt have much memory... with ud i have only like 13mb left on my system thats not used
  5. kr0n

kr0n New Member

I remember reading a post on XDA a month or so ago that had a method of dual booting. It was risky though, and seemed like was way too much hassle/risk compared to just making a nandroid backup