Dropping 2 lines on my verizon account??

shizumie

Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering... I have 3 phones and 2 xooms on my verizon account. All still under contract. I am a Gov employee so i get a 18% discount on the main line. I need to add a line to my account but verizon will not allow more than 5 lines on the account since i'm gov employee. I was wondering if i have someone who will take the 2 xooms and take up the contract, will verizon allow me to get out of the 2 xoom lines without paying early term... Just to note, my wife would be the one starting the new account and picking up the xooms.

Thanks

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your wife is taking over the two lines for the Xoom's, then it's called "Assumption of Liability" or AOL. You will not get an ETF because you're transferring the liability to someone else, in this case you're wife. This is a very routine thing and just mention you want to do a "AOL" or "Assumption of Liability" when you call the CS line, they will know exactly what you want to do and get you started. You want to authorize the two lines your wife is taking over to her account, and they will do the rest.

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Thanks Vulcan!! And by the way, love your sig!!!

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Ok.. one additional question before we do this.. on amazon you get a cheeper proIce phone for new service versus add a line. Do you think it would work out for my wife to get a new account and new line for the lower cost of the phone and then we add the 2 xooms to her account and bring the phone over to ours. Or would this be too much?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums