DroidX Updated apps then no desktop - G'bread

Tomen8r

Reaction score
Hi ..

Today, I updated three apps with AppBrain. Auto updated were 91Panda2 (spell it right?), Flash and Angry Birds. Not sure what was exactly updated in each. Since then, I have no desktop, just a black screen. I can see a screen when a call comes in, but then disappears. I have no home desktop, for which I have been using the 91Panda2 app successfully for months. I was finally updated to Gingerbread (exact version escapes me since I can't use phone, but it is very common version). Now when I boot, I get the standard big red Droid eye - for hours! I can see the phone lock after it boots up sometimes When I unlock, I see black, although I have the top task bar which shows my 3G, network and maybe a text message.

I want to get into settings to see if I can go back to default Droid wallpaper and disable Panda. I think this might be it. I have also found steps for hard boots which I haven't done yet. I have tried all the soft boot tricks to no avail.

All I did was go to AppBrain and update three apps and all hell broke lose as it never booted back up. I did batt pull many times and finally got to black desktop with status bar on top. And that is it ...I can answer a call if someone calls but can't make a call since I can't see anything, unless I leave dialer on screen ..

How can I get into settings w/out any desktop icons, etc? Is there a short cut? I can only answer a call, respond to a text and see my networks at this point. Do I need to go back to factory default? I feel that if I disable the 91Panda2 wallpaper stuff I might be good, but that is just a feeling ...

Droid X - limited apps (angry birds, panda2, app2sd, bible verses and that is it). All other apps are on my SD card. Phone memory is pretty empty. Recently updated to Gingerbread (OS version escapes me) about two weeks ago.

Do I have to go back to factory? Do I have to sfb this thing? Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated ..

Thanks in advance,
Tomen8r

OP
T

Tomen8r

Reaction score
I downloaded another launcher, chose that as my default and I am back in business ..