Desktop Contact Shortcut Photos Incorrect

dmp135

Reaction score
Hi,
When I longpress on the desktop and choose shortcut-->contact and link to a contact with a picture, it places the correct contact on the desktop but uses the wrong picture. The pictures I am using are in my gallery.
I did a search and did not see this issue. Is this a known problem?
Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

I have removed the photo and relinked it and no matter what I seem to do, it uses the incorrect one. If I remove the one it links to, it simply uses a blank.

I just did a data reset after wiping the sd card etc so that is not an option to fix this.

It's just one thing after another since 2.2 for me.

Dorothy

OP
D

dmp135

Reaction score
This is an issue I been having ever since I updated to 2.2

Ok thanks. I did not have that problem the first time with 2.2.
I guess I will have to remove all the photos for the contacts I want shortcuts to and let it show as just the generic pics with name.

gdgtgrl

Reaction score
I also have this issue on my brand new Droid 2, and it wasn't happening before on my D1 with 2.2. Hate not having my "speed dials" anymore!!

23db

Reaction score
Facebook Contacts

Just noticed I too have this issue. For me I'm trying to a Contact from the Facebook group. From the list of contacts, the picture matches correctly. However when I select a contact, the shortcut has the picture of another one of my Facebook friends.

I can find no pattern between the selected contact and the incorrect contact picture. However it seems that this only is a problem for contacts that I became friends with on Facebook prior to the 2.2 upgrade.

Adding a Facebook Contact shortcut to "post-2.2 upgrade" Friends have the correct picture. So I'm guessing the 2.2 upgrade corrupted/orphaned some contact db records. ?

qurtrn10

Reaction score
I started a thread about having the same problem (Sorry I didn't see yours here first). Has anyone tried deleting a friend, and re-friending them to see if it fixes it?

OP
D

dmp135

Reaction score
I started a thread about having the same problem (Sorry I didn't see yours here first). Has anyone tried deleting a friend, and re-friending them to see if it fixes it?

Nothing seems to work. I have removed all photos, placed back and it still attaches the incorrect ones. What a mess.

tha5150

Reaction score
i tried to fix this as well. it was originally the same wrong picture but after a few things, now it is different pictures every time. no fix yet here either.

OP
D

dmp135

Reaction score
I gave up and started using the motorola contact quick task feature. The correct photos seem to work with that.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I gave up and started using the motorola contact quick task feature. The correct photos seem to work with that.
+1...people can gripe all they like about MotoBlur, but when it comes to this feature, Moto got it right as far as i am concerned...dancedroid

Fairly easy to set-up once you get the first one done and then remeber the few steps to set it...

OP
D

dmp135

Reaction score
The latest update corrected the issue.