Droide newbie...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Javaslinger, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Javaslinger

Javaslinger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I'm a smartphone newbie...

I've got several apps downloaded to my Droid and I've moved a few to the front page. I've got the Pandora widget and the Doggcatcher widet up... but that's about it.

I feel like my Droid is a bit on the bland side. Like I've only barely scratched the surface of personalizing this thing. It seems very - meh- compared to some snazzy Iphone setups I've seen.

Are there any blogs/websites/tutorials about customizing and snazzing up your droid? I don't want to do anything too crazy like 'rooting' it... I don't even know what that means but I know it can break it...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

2. gruve

gruve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "search" the "forum" .. "google" it

3. r-dubya

r-dubya Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea there is tons of info on this forum, if after a little digging you still come up empty, pm me and i will be more then glad to help you.

4. Javaslinger

Javaslinger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have done 'a little digging'.... It is all a bit overwhelming.

5. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Active Member

Ratings:
    +51
    You can get a lot of ideas from this thread. Most of what you'll see is to Droids that have not been rooted, but using one of the downloadable "home replacement" apps from the market.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/717-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops.html

This one was started recently specifically for non-rooted phones but isn't as large as the one above.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/23616-droid-desktop-screenshots-2-a.html

Hope this helps.