droid2 Folders lockup workaround

darksideSound

Reaction score
To unlock a folder without having to reboot, try this..

Prevent the folder from locking in the first place by separating it from the bad app. Run your apps from the home page, not from the folder.

Move the app to the home page first. After running it, move it back to the folder. Easy.

Open the folder, touch the app widget, hold, and move it to the home page. The folder will revert to a widget. Run the app widget from outside the folder. Touch, hold, and drop the widget onto the folder widget to put it back. Last widget in is in the last position in the folder.

Folders are really good to group apps. They're only one level deep and seem to be a bit lame as in the above problem. They are better to use than slogging through the entire app collection where a flick can sometimes launch something unwanted.

This is a stupid workaround that needs to be addressed by the op system software group.

cuzlion

Reaction score
The best workaround is to use Folder Organizer instead of the stock Android folders. Populating them is a little different but once set up they work just like Android folders with two huge advantages. First you can set them to autoclose after running an app. This is very helpful in keeping homescreen clutter down. Second they never get unresponsive, never fail to open. Its a great solution plus they also let you pick any icon you want for each folder. So nice to never ever have a folder lock up again. I almost never reboot my Droid 2 now. Cuz

OP
darksideSound

darksideSound

Reaction score
Downloaded the app and will get into it this evening. Thanks for the lead! More later..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
darksideSound

darksideSound

Reaction score
Update..
Folder Organizer can nest menus! One icon labeled "main" starts all my apps. You need this utility! Five stars!

=zz=.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App