After 2.2, Droid not letting me assign widgets in lower half of screen

ATLbellygirl

Reaction score
Has anyone else run into this?

After my Droid updated to 2.2 this morning, I noticed that one of the changes was that instead of 1 additional "screen" to the left and to the right of the main home "screen", there are now 2 on either side of the home screen. So, I decided to un-folder some of my apps since I now had more space (I like to be able to see the actual widget icons, rather than having them hidden behind a boring, white folder, even tho the folder kept things nicely organized).

So I started moving widgets out of some folders and onto the new screens. But Droid isn't "accepting" widget icons to be placed from about the midway point on any screen downwards. When you've selected the widget that you want to move and try to position it midway or lower and let go, the widget disappears. It doesn't end up where you let go of your finger. So you have to go back into the main widget menu, hunt for that app, and try again. This has happened on the home screen, the old left/right screens, and the new, additional left/right screens.

And what's also weird is that where widget icons used to exist in the lower half of a Droid screen, if you try to place a widget icon in that same space now (post 2.2 upgrade), Droid won't take it. So I've had to place the widget icons way up top, while the lower half of the screen looks blank and unused : /

Any thoughts? Thanks.

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I was having movement issues, after my update, even started a thread about it. My icons kepted falling in the trash. I did a battey pull and gave and it been about a week, no more problems

OP
A

ATLbellygirl

Reaction score
Ahhh, the good old battery pull. Doh, I should have thought of that! Thanks, johnnycool. After I did that, my icons were staying put, phew. dancedroid

Ohhh, sorry I missed your original thread. I'd scrolled through the first 7 pages in the "bug/glitch" thread and hadn't come across the icon issue. Where had you posted yours?

Thanks again!
M

johnnycool001

Reaction score
Ahhh, the good old battery pull. Doh, I should have thought of that! Thanks, johnnycool. After I did that, my icons were staying put, phew. dancedroid

Ohhh, sorry I missed your original thread. I'd scrolled through the first 7 pages in the "bug/glitch" thread and hadn't come across the icon issue. Where had you posted yours?

Thanks again!
M
It was in the gereral I think, was talking about that and battery drain. no need to thank me I was just passing on what somebody else told me and work. I glad their is all these people on here that know this stuff.