Droid X2 Contacts issue ...

pscshuler

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am hoping someone can give me a hand with this.

Here is an issue I'm having with my contacts on my Droid X2. I cannot seem to add new contacts, edit contacts or call contacts. The phone was rooted using Gingerbreak and the launcher is ADW Launcher.
I did not notice any issues before doing this.

I have done a factory restore and have tried adding and editing contacts before syncing with any accounts and have had no luck. I cannot figure out a way to reverse this and am hoping someone can help me out.

I already returned my first X2 to Best Buy and was given a new one, .... now the same thing has happened to this one.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Here is a video of whats going on (sorry for the poor quality & orientation of the viseo)

http://youtu.be/p--EgpW9FPY

brockeverly

Reaction score
+1 on frozen or deleted apps. Perhaps something that is needed by MotoBLUR?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
P

pscshuler

Reaction score
Yeah, the VZ preloaded apps (nav etc.) , a couple games, files app, amazon, kindle and a few others. I don't recall all the apps I uninstalled. I didn't freeze any.

Also, most of them weren't restored after I did a factory reset

brockeverly

Reaction score
+1 on frozen or deleted apps. Perhaps something that is needed by MotoBLUR?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Is there anyway to restore the deleted apps that you know of?

Not until there is an SBF file available. After that you can flash it back and start over.

]In the near future your best bet is to return your phone again. You are the reason for locked bootloaders and our ongoing fight to gain root access.

And, as for this, do not return it and leave it on the manufacturer because you failed to do your homework. Just wait until an SBF is available, should not be long. If you take it back to a store to have it replaced, sorry, but I hope they catch it and don't replace it and/or deny your warranty. Things like this are what make it difficult for devs to do what they do on new handsets, and cause manufacturers to do all they can to avoid losses from errors not of their own.

jmars125

Reaction score
I had the same problem only difference is I froze all the apps once I unfroze some of them like the yahoo contacts and yahoo authenticator my contacts started working again if you have titanium backup you could look in there to see if any of the authenticators are missing or yahoo contacts

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
P

pscshuler

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful tips guys. Lesson learned, now time to play the waiting game.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

brockeverly

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful tips guys. Lesson learned, now time to play the waiting game.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I will keep my eyes open for that SBF and post it here for you just in case you miss it :) We have all done it, have to learn somehow lol.

wseyller

Reaction score
In the future if you want to remove the bloat then I would wait to find out what apps are confirmed ok to freeze. Also don't actually remove it but freeze it. This way you can unfreeze it if needed. This is especially important when you don't have an sbf to fall back on.

Easiest way to freeze an app is using Titanium backup.

OP
P

pscshuler

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I managed to get back up and running by having someone help me by copying his system/app folder and using root explorer to copy the YahooContacts.apk & YahooContacts.odex, reassign the permissions, reboot and now I'm back in business! :)
I definitely learned my lesson on this one. It sucked to go through it, but I'm glad it worked out and taught me about the android file system.

brockeverly

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I managed to get back up and running by having someone help me by copying his system/app folder and using root explorer to copy the YahooContacts.apk & YahooContacts.odex, reassign the permissions, reboot and now I'm back in business! :)
I definitely learned my lesson on this one. It sucked to go through it, but I'm glad it worked out and taught me about the android file system.

Excellent! Glad to hear it and that you were able to see what exactly was missing to replace it.

armopride07

Reaction score

hey I have the same problem. =/ can you send me the yahoo contacts and authenticator apk if possible?

tyrusasmith

Reaction score

pschuler, can you please go into a little more detail on how you did these steps please. I am having the same problem.

"using root explorer to copy the YahooContacts.apk & YahooContacts.odex, reassign the permissions, reboot"

Thanks!