Droid X

cece5702

Reaction score
Even with all the new phones coming out, in my opinion the X still shows really good videos! On my phone they are so clear and crisp! I love it! #justsaying

Sent from my DROIDX

chiruscan

Reaction score
Droid X is the OG. The newer phones that are coming out now arent THAT much better IMO.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Yup. My x definitely still is just as fast as the day I got it. No phone I've seen has tickled my fancy yet. 4g lte? Yank me till I chafe. Not impressive yet cause all the new phones aren't that great or ground breaking or have a sizeable screen. Not to mention cm7 and now real multiple rom flashing ability? This phone still gets better every month. I wonna buy like 3 more for future use when this one finally poo's out.

x.sys

chiruscan

Reaction score
I think the next generation of phones like the Dinara and Nexus Prime will make the Droid X look a bit archaic, however the ones now arent really doing it for me. My friend has a 4G phone and his coverage is as spotty as mine if not more and the only time he gets really fast speeds is if hes standing next to a tower.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Droid X is the OG. The newer phones that are coming out now arent THAT much better IMO.

I agree I went to the verizon store last night and I must say I was not impressed with any of the new phones that r out! The Bionic is just way too pricey for me right now. My DX is still holding strong and showing awesome videos still!

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I think the next generation of phones like the Dinara and Nexus Prime will make the Droid X look a bit archaic, however the ones now arent really doing it for me. My friend has a 4G phone and his coverage is as spotty as mine if not more and the only time he gets really fast speeds is if hes standing next to a tower.

Standing next to a tower? Omg! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. No issues here. Of course download speeds are insane on the tbolt w/4G but overall smoothness is better on my X.

chiruscan

Reaction score
Standing next to a tower? Omg! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX

Yeah he has a 4G phone and we were standing next to a tower and his connection was the fastest weve ever seen it, almost 2MB/s, about 1/3 as fast as our home internet.

But when hes at work, the coverage is real spotty and hell get something ridiculous like 8 kb/s.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
The Droid X is an awesome phone. My girlfriend has had one since it came out and I'm not sure she'll need or want a different smart phone any time soon. Great hardware.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isnt the Thunderbolts battery terrible compared to the X though?

Nah the tbolt is rooted on a lean undervolted kernel. Lasts about as long as my X. Its a good phone just too wide and made of too much plastic.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Nah the tbolt is rooted on a lean undervolted kernel. Lasts about as long as my X. Its a good phone just too wide and made of too much plastic.
Too much plastic is not good!!!!

rescuemeafd

Reaction score
I gotta agree. I have had mine since the day they came out and it has worked awesome with zero problems. I just might actually keep this phone until my actual upgrade date!