Droid X wont go past "touch the android to begin" screen after factory reset :(

jaimitoboy

Reaction score
I recently rooted my Droid X and my friend was messing with it and did a factory reset, and now it wont let me go past the "touch the android to begin" screen. I can click it, it even highlights the android when i click it but it wont do anything. Im not sure if the rooting has anything to do with it, but if anyone can help me out id appreciate it plz:)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try a reboot/battery pull

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
J

jaimitoboy

Reaction score
i did! multiple times and still the same. am i screwed or is there anything i can do maybe?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can try another factory reset. Pull the battery, press and hold the home button, press the power button (still holding home). Should take you to a screen with an exclamation point and a Droid. Press the search button to get into recovery and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache. Then choose reboot system now. See if that does it.
Btw, why did you have to reset in the first place?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
J

jaimitoboy

Reaction score
ya i also tried that a buncha times. Well idk why but for some reason i had no signal at all, and i couldnt figure out why that was. so i thought maybe a factory reset would fix that, but now i cant even get past the first step of setting up the phone. And i just tried it again to no avail as it still wont do anything :(

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Touch all 4 corners of the screen going around in a square like this....

1 2

3 4

Sometimes it may take a few tries. I dont know why it helps but most of the time it does.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Interesting! Thanks for that! :)

Touch all 4 corners of the screen going around in a square like this....

1 2

3 4

Sometimes it may take a few tries. I dont know why it helps but most of the time it does.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
J

jaimitoboy

Reaction score
ooooooommmmmmmggggggg. idk how you figured that out, but IT WORKED. i still dont have any signal except for wifi tho... but thank you! :D :D :D

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ooooooommmmmmmggggggg. idk how you figured that out, but IT WORKED. i still dont have any signal except for wifi tho... but thank you! :D :D :D

Credit to BuryBoi on that one (atleast he's the only one i've seen say it and where i got it from). I had that problem with flashing a rom using the d2g romer and asked and thats what he said to do. Glad it worked. I'm not sure what to tell you for not having signal though =/.

OP
J

jaimitoboy

Reaction score

Credit to BuryBoi on that one (atleast he's the only one i've seen say it and where i got it from). I had that problem with flashing a rom using the d2g romer and asked and thats what he said to do. Glad it worked. I'm not sure what to tell you for not having signal though =/.

Well thanks to both of you then! and ya, ima just go to a verizon store to see about that:(

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Make sure to unroot first then and remove superuser. Otherwise they wont touch it.