Droid X to Maxx?

jstme

Reaction score
I have a rooted and well running DriodX. Birthday comming up......should I get a new phone? The 4G is calling me.....

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I went from the X to the Razr (no Maxx), and I love it. The change was smooth imho the razr is so much smoother than my X.

Oh and I love my 4G!!

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I went from the DX to the Maxx. My only complaints are the lack of physical buttons and no camera button. Sometimes when I'm texting or scrolling a web page I accidentally hit the return key. Really annoying when posting something.

I also make a lot more spelling mistakes with the Maxx but I think that started when I took the ICS upgrade.

leftspin

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Maxx from the DX and have zero regrets, it's definitely a good choice

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like my RAZR way better than my old X. Only thing is my RAZR has data drops everyday. I think I have a bad sim card though

My91sho

Reaction score
I went from the X to the Maxx and it just blows my X out of the water! But...the real question is...do you have unlimited data?

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I also went from an X to a MAXX and I've had no problems. I had them replace the micro card from my X to my MAXX, so I didn't have to worry about not having my pics and music and stuff. I usually get about a day's worth of battery out of it. I check my mail, Twitter and the like. I've noticed that since the ICS update, I haven't had the data drop problem. I don't seem to have some of the problems (thank goodness!) that other's have had with the ICS update. My update was SMOOOOOTH. I'm glad that I waited to get the MAXX and have had NO regrets.:in love:

BaSHa

Reaction score
I actually really liked my X. I had the Verizon extended battery and GoLauncher, it just did everything I wanted and did it well!

There is no doubt the 4G is a huge plus, but I swear sometimes it felt like my X lasted longer than my Maxx does. That could be due to the 4G bring faster and therefore I browse more. My biggest with my Maxx now is this latest software "update" seems so buggy. Just like this post I have had to retype some of it several times due to the cursor moving all over the place on its own. Also I use to keep my X on vibrate but with the Maxx it either doesn't vibrate or doesn't vibrate hard enough to feel it so I end up missing calls/texts. Last but not least there is a good chance Flash will not work for you anymore.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had the x, x2, bionic, then went to the maxx... you'll love it!! No two ways about it. :)

OP
J

jstme

Reaction score
I went from the X to the Maxx and it just blows my X out of the water! But...the real question is...do you have unlimited data?

Good point..my plan would change; f-em

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My91sho

Reaction score
Good point..my plan would change; f-em

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I would save up and find one on eBay, Craigslist, etc...

And keep the unlimited. I got an early upgrade one week before the change. And they billed the phone to my account. :)

My91sho

Reaction score
Or you could add a line for $10 a month (depending on plan of coarse) and get the Maxx with that