Droid X to Boost mobile, Virgin Mobile or Metropcs????

Discussion in 'Droid X FAQ' started by droidtoboost, Apr 26, 2011.

1. droidtoboost

droidtoboost New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need some help... I want to get a android phone without a contract, so carriers like simple mobile, virgin mobile, etc. I wanted to know if I got a Droid X then can I take it to one of these carriers??? Also, will I lose any features, like GPS or picture texts. If it is not to much trouble, could you also tell me how to take it to these carriers, I know metropcs has the option, but other carriers like boost... how would I do it, do I take it to the store and they will do it for me. I can do it because I have CDMA workshop and I just want to know every step if I end up doing it. Thanks in advance and please don't troll.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

***EDIT****

I didn't mean an ESN change. I just heard that software was needed. Disregard this thread, I just bought a different android. Thanks anyways.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. Chimuel

Chimuel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure Simple Mobile uses GSM... so that's out. Virgin Mobile uses CDMA (through Sprint) so you might get some luck with that. Why don't you give the carrier a ring? They will most likely say no (the phone not being from them and all). Also, you said you have a CDMA workshop. Are you planning on cloning ESN/MEID numbers? Yeah... that's completely illegal.

In all... just buy a mobile device from the carrier if the carrier you want to go with is CDMA. If the carrier you want is GSM, just buy an unlocked phone and get a sim card from them OR a phone from them.

Search tags for this page
boost mobile droid x

droid x boost mobile

droid x on boost mobile

droid x on virgin mobile
droid x to boost mobile
droid x virgin mobile
flash droid x to boost

flash droid x to boost mobile

flash droid x to virgin mobile
how to flash droid x to virgin mobile