1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X to Boost mobile, Virgin Mobile or Metropcs????

Discussion in 'Droid X FAQ' started by droidtoboost, Apr 26, 2011.

1. droidtoboost

droidtoboost New Member

I need some help... I want to get a android phone without a contract, so carriers like simple mobile, virgin mobile, etc. I wanted to know if I got a Droid X then can I take it to one of these carriers??? Also, will I lose any features, like GPS or picture texts. If it is not to much trouble, could you also tell me how to take it to these carriers, I know metropcs has the option, but other carriers like boost... how would I do it, do I take it to the store and they will do it for me. I can do it because I have CDMA workshop and I just want to know every step if I end up doing it. Thanks in advance and please don't troll.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

***EDIT****

I didn't mean an ESN change. I just heard that software was needed. Disregard this thread, I just bought a different android. Thanks anyways.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. Chimuel

Chimuel New Member

I'm pretty sure Simple Mobile uses GSM... so that's out. Virgin Mobile uses CDMA (through Sprint) so you might get some luck with that. Why don't you give the carrier a ring? They will most likely say no (the phone not being from them and all). Also, you said you have a CDMA workshop. Are you planning on cloning ESN/MEID numbers? Yeah... that's completely illegal.

In all... just buy a mobile device from the carrier if the carrier you want to go with is CDMA. If the carrier you want is GSM, just buy an unlocked phone and get a sim card from them OR a phone from them.
Search tags for this page

boost mobile droid x

droid x boost mobile

droid x for boost mobile
droid x on boost

droid x on boost mobile

droid x on virgin mobile
droid x to boost

droid x to boost mobile

droid x virgin mobile

flash droid x to boost

flash droid x to boost mobile