sprint galaxy s3 flash to boost mobile or virgin mobil??

techno79

Reaction score
Hey! What's up guys. I currently live in an area were Sprint service is way beyond limited. We won't be getting lte or 4g. Well it leaves me with a problem. Luckily I still have two choices. 1. Flash to boost or2nd virgin mobile. What can you guys tell me about eighter carrier. What would you do and why. Help!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not that familiar with either but hope you get some good info that helps ya make your decision...good luck!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! And sorry, the only carrier I know anything about currently is Verizon.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Have used both. One feature that Boost offers is that you can see a record of your account usage (phone numbers, dates, times) online on your account page. Virgin has a plan for 1500 minutes that includes data and texting for only $30 a month. I never used even the measly 450 minutes I used to have on an old plan. Those are the two big differences that I could think of. Both use the same Sprint network, so quality of call experience should be similar. Good luck with your choice. DancingNexus

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Hey! What's up guys. I currently live in an area were Sprint service is way beyond limited. We won't be getting lte or 4g. Well it leaves me with a problem. Luckily I still have two choices. 1. Flash to boost or2nd virgin mobile. What can you guys tell me about eighter carrier. What would you do and why. Help!!

I'm not sure if its nationwide or not but where I live (gulf coast) virgin and boost both run off of sprints network. so you would gain nothing by switching.

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

dlblair1

Reaction score
Boost and Virgin Mobile: Big Brother is Sprint

I'm sure this is a delayed response but someone may benefit from it in the future....
Boost and Virgin Mobile always use Sprint Networks/Towers...
Reason is Sprint owns both Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile.

Boost Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Virgin Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can find same info on Sprint's Corporate site!

So I'd pick services provided from one of the three (Boost, Virgin Mobile or Sprint) that best suits your needs, but signal quality should really be no better nor worse!

I picked virgin mobile for where I'm at because I'm near Sprint towers and virgin mobile allows wifi hotspot without charging extra for the service, where boost charges an extra $15 a month and Sprint's
service cost way more for unlimited even if you have to pay more for the phone... you break even cost wise in less than a year (and Boost and Virgin Mobile now have decent 3g & 4g phones) If you dont need the newest iphone 5 or a Samsung Galaxy 3 its a great option.... I had the Motorola Triumph and now the Samsung Galaxy S 2 (Epic Touch) and love it.
(of course this above does not apply to Android Flashers' and Developers who can likely or will likely provide the ability to put the iphone 5 or a Samsung Galaxy 3 on Boost or Virgin Mobile services)