Droid X Sync with Novell Groupwise

NMAUL

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience syncing email with Novell Groupwise? Our corporate system is Novell Groupwise. I have read some threads related to the Droid X looking for a secure connection/certificate regardless of whether it is checked in the setup.

I have had the sync work with the HTC Droid ERIS, so I know it can work.

Thx,
Golfing Gal

jmmarton

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience syncing email with Novell Groupwise? Our corporate system is Novell Groupwise. I have read some threads related to the Droid X looking for a secure connection/certificate regardless of whether it is checked in the setup.

I have had the sync work with the HTC Droid ERIS, so I know it can work.

Thx,
Golfing Gal

Yes, the Droid X syncs with GroupWise using the public beta of the Novell Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack. However, due to a bug in the mail app on the X, as you've stated you *must* use SSL. When setting up the account, even if you uncheck "Use secure connection" or however it's labeled on the X it still uses SSL anyways. You'll need to make sure the Mobility connector is configured for SSL, either with the default self-signed certificate or a third-party trusted cert. If you use a self-signed cert you'll be prompted to ignore a certificate error on the X when you setup the account, but after that it works fine. It will then sync e-mail, calendar, and contacts.

You can read more about the Droid X problems in the Motorola support forums.
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/32261

If you need additional assistance configuring the Mobility connector, try the Novell support forums.
DS: Mobility Pack - Public Beta - NOVELL FORUMS

Joe

rharsaran

Reaction score
Another option is to set your droid up as an IMAP client (please for the love of all that is holy do not use POP). You will need to know the ip or hostname of the server running the internet agent - if you are able to check your mail online try that hostname or ip. If your admin has IMAP turned on you'll be successful.

FYI:

incoming IMAP port:143
incoming IMAP port(w/ ssl): 993

For outgoing it's most likely port 25
and most servers will want authentication for outgoing messages.

This will sync your mail but not your calendar. Good luck!

dlopan

Reaction score
We have GW Mobility here but it still doesn't work with the DroidX.
No clue yet.

RHV

Reaction score
We have GW Mobility here but it still doesn't work with the DroidX.
No clue yet.

perhaps ......
Motorola DroidX - CoolSolutionsWiki

"
SSL Considerations

• The DroidX will not let you setup an insecure connection to a DataSync server. To get around this, you have to connect to a secure server, and then after the connection is setup and working, edit the settings by changing the server IP to the insecure server, and disabling SSL. This is a Motorola bug.
How to configure your mobility server to use a self-signed cert for testing purposes"

Metalist

Reaction score
Forward

As far as Calendar is concerned, just set up a rule to delegate..

GO to "Tools" "Rules" and set up "Delegate to: xxx" as the action on all appointments received.