Setting Up email for Droid NEWBIE:)

ryhenicee

Reaction score
I just got my droid, and love it OBV!

But for some reason can not get my work email to take to it.

Our email is through Novell Groupwise. I had it setup on my blackberry storm as a POP3 and would assume it would be same setting even though on different OS. Let me know if you can help and Thanks Ryan

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

What problems are you experiencing? Can you receive but not send?

I am guessing that you are using the stock email app. The settings for getting that app to connect to you groupwise account should be straight forward. If you can't get it to work download K9 form the market, it is a free app, and add your account info.

Mike

OP
R

ryhenicee

Reaction score
It won't even let me setup my account. Tried through K9 also. I can not access my old setup now either since my blackberry is disconnected. Man this is frustrating, might have to return if my work email will not sync

I can also get my mail through the web going to

smpt.rodem.com\gw\webacc

But that won't even come up through my browser.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What errors are you receiving?

If you were able to access this account with your BB Storm there is no reason you can't get it on the Droid. I've never used Groupwise so I'm not familiar with any idiosyncrasy of that particular software. Have you spoken with your IT folks to make sure that they do not need to modify at their end.

Mike

OP
R

ryhenicee

Reaction score
I must have some info wrong then but I am entering what was in BB and now it says can't connect with server. Is there anything I can look on my laptop email to check for settings? Asking my IT would be like kicking myself in the nutz ....she is worthless.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try using the slide out keyboard. If you use the screen keyboard backspace everything I've had times when the screen keyboard left spaces at the end and my userid and password were incorrect thus access was denied.

Mike

alm0614

Reaction score
if you use outlook, you can go into account settings and copy those settings exactly