Droid X skipping Unlock Screen

JTAndrews

Reaction score
Two days ago I noticed that my phone skips the unlock screen when I 'wake it up.' I've since come to realize that the unlock screen splashes briefly before the phone returns to where I left it.

I can't find anything in the settings that would cause this. I'm new to the Droid so it's certainly possible/probable that I missed something.

I'm worried about pocket dialing and launching unwanted apps.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks.
JT

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have an app installed that does it..."no lock", "My auto unlock"...etc?

OP
J

JTAndrews

Reaction score
I don't have those particular apps installed, and I am not aware of any of my apps that do that.

Originally, I suspected LivoRecorder was doing it. I thought I read somewhere that app had a function that prevented the phone from shutting down. I've emailed the developer, and he says that LivoRecorder has an option that only prevents the phone from shutting down while recording. He suggested I uninstall LivoRecorder to see if that makes a difference. I have done so and re-started the phone, but there is no difference.

Is there a way to find out if I have an app working in background that may be causing this? Is this a good reason to have an app killer on board?

Thanks.
JT

Porkweasel

Reaction score
Under your "Location and Security Settings" make sure the "Screen Lock" button is checked. Worth a try!

OP
J

JTAndrews

Reaction score
I'm an idiot!

That is exactly the problem. There are so many bells and whistles on these phones that I can't find the one thing in particular that I am interested. I guess I have to keep on eading.

Thanks for the help.
JT

Porkweasel

Reaction score
No problem. My Droid(1) didn't have that feature if I remember so it was new to me too. Good luck!