1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X screen too dim after LCD replacement

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by woodhokie4, Jan 29, 2013.

1. woodhokie4

woodhokie4 New Member

I dropped my Droid X and developed some dark lines across the screen, which soon turned into "Black Holes" across the lower 3rd of the screen. I replaced the LCD with a replacement part from ebay and following instructions on youtube. The phone powers back on and the display comes up, but it is so dim, I can barely see anything. I've adjusted the brightness settings from max to min and get no change. I've looked into the proximity sensor, but as far as I can tell, it's aligned properly as well.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there something I can try different? Please help!!
  2. woodhokie4

woodhokie4 New Member

More details

Addendum:

So, I decided to see if it was the replacement LCD causing problems or if I had done something wrong, and I re-installed my old LCD. I am still having brightness issues (black holes are still present).

Any thoughts on what to do? Could it be the proximity sensor? If so, how do I set that right? Did I damage the receptor pins for the LCD ribbon cable?

Pleas help!!
Search tags for this page
android phone dim after replacing display
can you put a droid x2 lcd in a droid x
dim replacement lcd galaxy s3
droid bionic screen can barely see
droid x dim desktop

droid x lcd

droid x lcd replacement

droid x screen broke and lsd screen did too

droid x screen replacement

droid x2 lcd dim