1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X screen too dim after LCD replacement

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by woodhokie4, Jan 29, 2013.

1. woodhokie4

woodhokie4 New Member

I dropped my Droid X and developed some dark lines across the screen, which soon turned into "Black Holes" across the lower 3rd of the screen. I replaced the LCD with a replacement part from ebay and following instructions on youtube. The phone powers back on and the display comes up, but it is so dim, I can barely see anything. I've adjusted the brightness settings from max to min and get no change. I've looked into the proximity sensor, but as far as I can tell, it's aligned properly as well.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is there something I can try different? Please help!!
  2. woodhokie4

woodhokie4 New Member

More details

Addendum:

So, I decided to see if it was the replacement LCD causing problems or if I had done something wrong, and I re-installed my old LCD. I am still having brightness issues (black holes are still present).

Any thoughts on what to do? Could it be the proximity sensor? If so, how do I set that right? Did I damage the receptor pins for the LCD ribbon cable?

Pleas help!!
Search tags for this page
android phone dim after replacing display
can you put a droid x2 lcd in a droid x
dim replacement lcd galaxy s3
droid bionic screen can barely see
droid x dim desktop

droid x lcd

droid x lcd replacement

droid x screen broke and lsd screen did too

droid x screen replacement

droid x2 lcd dim