Light dims when on cradle

Jward533

Reaction score
I've had my DroidX about 4 wks. When on the cradle the screen was always lit. Yesterday when I put it on it's cradle the light dims dramatically. I can barely see the screen. I have no idea why it's like this and I want it back to being bright. Any idea what happened or if there is a setting for this?

scubieman

Reaction score
There is only 1 thing I can think of that is doing this. Check your screen backlight settings. I have mine on automatic with no problems.

I would recommed trying automatic. Or go with a set amount. There is sensors that notice the lighting of the outside world that tell the phone to go brighter or not.

OP
J

Jward533

Reaction score
Thanks, but I figured out my problem. When the phone is placed on the cradle, the screen that comes up is a clock. To the left of that there are a few icons. One is a sun (a brightness button)and I had unknowingly touched it and it dimmed the screen when docked only. I clicked it again and my screen was bright again. I feel so stupid. LOL.

KennyBruin

Reaction score
Thanks Jward

I came looking for for the answer to the same problem. Thanks for leading the way on this one.