Droid x reading low storage space? deleted apps and texts but still wont go away

nineSSix209

Reaction score
Low storage space has been on for about a month now it will not let me update my google maps or anything,ive deleted apps and move the remaining to my SD...internal storage 185 mb free,Sd has 12 gb......I also deleted all text messages and but when i start a long convo a notification will pop up saying low file space or something? can some one help please

newmanx4

Reaction score
Moving apps to SD really doesn't clear much space. How much music do you have stored?

Sent from my Liquid X

newmanx4

Reaction score
Then how many apps do you have? The phone has 8gb internal storage and you say you're showing only 185mb free?

Sent from my Liquid X

nikecar

Reaction score
I think you are confusing sd storage with the phones RAM storage. Your phone has between 512mb to 1GB of ram. This is the space were your apps are running from. If you have too many apps, then this space will go down, which is the 185 you are getting.

My inc2 would fire the warning when I'd go below 120 from 768.

You cannot update the maps or get Gmail when you are in this warning period.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
My OG used to give some kind of space warning specifically with text even when I had deleted all text. I would have issues updating or DLing apps at the same time. A VZW rep told me to text a pic to myself. It would Clear my issues for a couple of weeks. Then I would do it again.

KentuckyCrystal

Reaction score
I have nothing but weather channel downloaded since I purchased and I am getting message. I do have several books on kindle. Is this the reason and how dop I delete the ones I have read? Any thoughts on this?