Droid x Netflix app

camskool

Reaction score
How do I trick my phone into thinking its a different phone for the new Netflix app? I have the app and made it say HTC vision, and HTC where I'm sopposed to. But it still wont work!

OP
C

camskool

Reaction score
That didn't work! Still can't watch em...

debrad0307

Reaction score
You have to be on GB to stream Netflix. You either need to flash gingerbread or wait for the OTA

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

eurosteve

Reaction score
You have to be on GB to stream Netflix. You either need to flash gingerbread or wait for the OTA

Not true. I'm on stock (not rooted) Froyo and my X is running the device-check disabled Netflix app perfectly. Runs on 3g and wifi. It is working great!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have that working on a stock X (co-workers) right here.....

debrad0307

Reaction score

Not true. I'm on stock (not rooted) Froyo and my X is running the device-check disabled Netflix app perfectly. Runs on 3g and wifi. It is working great!

Well he clearly stated that the device check did not work for him. The only other alternative would be getting GB.

eurosteve

Reaction score

Well he clearly stated that the device check did not work for him. The only other alternative would be getting GB.

I just wanted to let everyone know that it's working for me, running stock Froyo. I don't know why it's not working for the other guy. But it's not because one must be on gingerbread.

Misphit917

Reaction score
I don't know where some of these user are getting the netflix app from but their have been a handful of us letting you know the app does work on the droid x and even the D1 .....

debrad0307

Reaction score
I don't know where some of these user are getting the netflix app from but their have been a handful of us letting you know the app does work on the droid x and even the D1 .....

No one said it didn't. However some people are having issues getting it to work. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the Netflix app works.

Scallywag1

Reaction score

No one said it didn't. However some people are having issues getting it to work. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the Netflix app works.

Custom roms are hit or miss. For instance I was on Liberty GB and it didn't work. So I upgraded to GB .595 leak and drew garens broodcomb rom and it works now.

Sent from my Liberty GB v5 DX

debrad0307

Reaction score

I just wanted to let everyone know that it's working for me, running stock Froyo. I don't know why it's not working for the other guy. But it's not because one must be on gingerbread.

I apologize about my false information. I was not aware that a stock droidx was able to stream movies. The last time I heard you had to be on GB for it to work. This must have been before the device check disable apk was developed. Once I got Netflix on my phone I did not keep up with the development anymore.

debrad0307

Reaction score

Custom roms are hit or miss. For instance I was on Liberty GB and it didn't work. So I upgraded to GB .595 leak and drew garens broodcomb rom and it works now.

Sent from my Liberty GB v5 DX

I agree with you on that. Its not only the Netflix app either.