Droid X media working...sometimes

tguerr16

Reaction score
Ok...Have had the Verizon Droid X for a week now and am having a problem with my media...picture gallery, videos, music.

Sometimes they work, other times they don't. Seems that I have to turn the phone off then back on and then the SD card will be recognized, this is very annoying! The phone is off the charts cool, but I use the camera, video recorder and music app way to much with my kids way to much to worry about it not working when I need it.

Does anyone know if there are any updates on the horizon to fix these problems??

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Im having the same problem sporadically....mostly when i use the music player...Also the way the SD card works,whenever you use the USB connector whether its plugging it in my fm car radio to listen to the music or to the pc....you need to toggle the USB setting,if you just yank the connector,it often freezes,and I lost an SD card on my droid 1,Im pretty sure from this.....

fpatano

Reaction score
Ok...Have had the Verizon Droid X for a week now and am having a problem with my media...picture gallery, videos, music.

Sometimes they work, other times they don't. Seems that I have to turn the phone off then back on and then the SD card will be recognized, this is very annoying! The phone is off the charts cool, but I use the camera, video recorder and music app way to much with my kids way to much to worry about it not working when I need it.

Does anyone know if there are any updates on the horizon to fix these problems??

Is your SD Card unmounting for some reason when this is happening? Well, I am pretty sure it is, but are you doing anything that would unmount the SD Card? If you plug it into a USB port on the computer, it will mount the SD Card and you cannot access it from the Droid. If you unmount the SD Card from the settings, you will be unable to use it until you mount it. When that happens try going into Settings, then to SD Card and Phone Storage, Under the Available Space it will say either Unmount SD Card, if it is Mounted, or Mount SD Card if it is Unmounted, if it says Mount SD Card, then press it. You should have access to the SD Card after it is finished mounting it.

OP
T

tguerr16

Reaction score
Well here is the whole story. I went from the BB Storm...worlds of difference!! I got my new Droid X and out of the box there were issues. Whenever I plugged the phone into my computer it would disable the SD card. Took it to a Verizon store and they had the same exact issue and could not fix it...since the phone was 3 days old I got a new one out of the box.

Now when I got to the picture gallery, or the music player sometimes it works fine, other times no pictures come up in the gallery and the music gives me a "this type of file is not supported" error. I go into Settings-SD Card and Phone Storage and the SD card says it's mounted. I will un-mount and then re-mount but it does nothing. So far the only fix I have found to work is to cycle the power on the phone. When the phone reboots everything works.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Well here is the whole story. I went from the BB Storm...worlds of difference!! I got my new Droid X and out of the box there were issues. Whenever I plugged the phone into my computer it would disable the SD card. Took it to a Verizon store and they had the same exact issue and could not fix it...since the phone was 3 days old I got a new one out of the box.

Now when I got to the picture gallery, or the music player sometimes it works fine, other times no pictures come up in the gallery and the music gives me a "this type of file is not supported" error. I go into Settings-SD Card and Phone Storage and the SD card says it's mounted. I will un-mount and then re-mount but it does nothing. So far the only fix I have found to work is to cycle the power on the phone. When the phone reboots everything works.
This is exactly what mine does...nothing short of a reboot fixes it....its a pain in the you know what....and the reason i need to reboot sometimes 2x a day..

OP
T

tguerr16

Reaction score
This is exactly what mine does...nothing short of a reboot fixes it....its a pain in the you know what....and the reason i need to reboot sometimes 2x a day..[/QUOTE]

I kind of figured that I was not the only one out there that is seeing this issue...wondering if anyone has heard if any of this is going to addressed in a update??

the5barrons

Reaction score
An update isn't going to fix your problem.

Have you been to vzw to show them your issue as it happens? Something like that might warrant a replacement. I would want a replacement....or the proper fix.

I know that sucks, but an uncommanded sd card mounting issue isn't something you should have to deal with every day by rebooting your dx multiple times a day.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp