1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X Internal Storage Memory?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by f3liC, Aug 18, 2010.

1. f3liC

f3liC New Member

With 8gb of space (well 6.xx) I thought i would be able to use it for music/movies. Well to my surprise when I plug in my Droid X to my pc, I cannot browse the file system at all. Is there anyway i can use this memory for music/movies and not just apps?

For those that are curious I traded phones and did not get a 16gb micro sd card.
  2. f3liC

f3liC New Member

anyone have a solution to this?
  3. troglodyte

troglodyte New Member

I was also not able to browse folders when tethered. I use the "bluetooth file transfer" app. If your computer has bluetooth, it works well. You can browse folders on your phones SD card and move things around ftp-style. The only drawback is that it is a little slow if you want to upload a movie to your phone.
  4. Fred McLean

Fred McLean New Member

There has GOT to be a way for this to be done. Other HTC models use internal memory that is partitioned to be used as storage accessible by music and video apps. A friend of mine thought that a symbolic link could be created on the SD card that would point to a folder on the droid's system memory. It would be a command similar to this.
    ln -s /data/_media /sdcard/_media

/data is the only place where I was able to create a folder and copy files to it without it disappearing. I created a _media folder where I copied my MP3s.

I can't remember the exact error but it was something like "create failed".

I hear that 32 bit formatting does not support symbolic links.
    ______
    Another thought would be to partition the internal memory to have a usable partition the "looks" like an SD card.

DroidX Rooted
  5. Technoman

Technoman New Member

I saw a post by someone that stated if you select PC Mode on the USB connection type it allows you to use the 8Gig of internal memory.

I haven't tried this, so I am just repeating what I saw posted.
Search tags for this page
droid x how to use internal storage

droid x internal memory

droid x internal memory capacity

droid x internal storage

droid x memory capacity
droid x memory card size

droid x storage

droid x storage capacity
droid x storge on the phone
droidx internal storage
how much memory does droid x have