Droid X ICS rom

KittenIsaBoy

Reaction score
Thinking about changing ROM's once again, I'm currently using Liquid Smooth 3.2 and want to switch to something newer and fresh. I've heard that AOKP is best for customization and features, and I've heard that MIUI is also great. Any advice on which I should switch to, and process that I should use? :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not too sure myself since I have moved on from the DX but I moved your thread to the DX ROMs section. These guys over here are better equipped to weigh in on the current choices for you.

Savagerun

Reaction score
All the ics roms run great but i would give the edge to aokp for it's customization.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

shaggykid

Reaction score
I'm running vortex reloaded love it so far. Not too much customization yet but you can fix that with Go launcher or adw

OP
KittenIsaBoy

KittenIsaBoy

Reaction score
Can I get a link to AOKP build? :) and will I want to fully unroot to base system then reroot with the AOKP ROM?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Can I get a link to AOKP build? :) and will I want to fully unroot to base system then reroot with the AOKP ROM?

If your on liquid 3.2 you can install aokp right over it just boot into clockwork recovery and wipe data ,cache partition and davlik then flash aokp http://synibox.info/synik4l/x13thangelx/DX/AOKP/aokp_shadow-beta-b33.zip
Once thats done then also flash gapps http://synibox.info/synik4l/x13thangelx/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip before selecting reboot system.

OP
KittenIsaBoy

KittenIsaBoy

Reaction score
Loving ICS. :) no issues so far and the only thing I'm waiting on is the fix so Netflix works. ^_^ thank you again.

Savagerun

Reaction score
Glad you like it, im a big fan of aokp myself. Im patiently waiting for a fix to get Netflix working and im confident it will eventually happen.

OP
KittenIsaBoy

KittenIsaBoy

Reaction score
I give it a months at Max.