Droid X Comfort on belt

NealJ777

Reaction score
Hello. I'm Neal the new guy. I introduced myself over in the introductions forum. :)

I do not have any Android device (yet). I am seriously considering the Droid X. I was just thinking about how bulky it might be when worn in a belt case. Right now I am sitting in a recliner and I have my current phone (Pantech Matrix) in a case on my belt and I'm sitting comfortably. Will I be comfortable with the Droid X? I am left-handed, so I wear the phone on my left side. Would I also be comfortable with the phone on my belt while sitting in a car and driving?

Are there any other Android devices I should consider? I was thinking about the new Samsung Continuum, especially because of the size, but the "X" would be better for texting and using a virtual keyboard for typing.

Thank you in advance for your help. :)

-Neal

** FULL DISCLOSURE **

I may be starting a job soon working for a Verizon reseller, but that doesn't mean I know stuff because I've never owned a Verizon phone in my life. :)

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
To each his own, but I'm a pocket guy myself. I've never liked the look or feel of a phone on a belt. I think a lot of people feel the same way, so belters might be in the minority. You may have to wait a bit for a reply.

repair7

Reaction score
my belt

neil, hi

i got the clip on belt case thing at the verizon store, is balck rubberized plastic, very good grip in the hands, nice strong spring for the belt. that i wear leather 1 1/4" belt, i have a few belts i rotate in my wardrobe (lol) but all are over inch wide and thhick leather, the clip is soloid and has never come off my belt

the phone gets a back sklin that fits great, and that skin makes it lock in the belt clip part. there is no name on it, but i got at verizon store as part of the package

i try that leather pouch thing at the store but decided on this belt clip as that pouch seemed to big and bulky compared to this belt clip, but i did actually have the pouch in my hand and ready to buy untill i the clip

the phone also swivels in the clip, so vertical or horzontal or any clickable position 360 swiveling action

i am active contractor, always under a sink to climbing a ladder, never once has the clip failed causing phone to drop on floor, not even one close call...never....6 weeks into this DX ownership

5,10 146 lbs, tight abs and no blubber in the middle, telling you this not as a body image thing, but to inform and seek opinion of different body shapes in regards to DX cases

dinoi,
[video=youtube;OpKaHUIgrOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKaHUIgrOI[/video]

Last edited:

dredger

Reaction score
I am a D1 user and hate belt holsters but 2 of my friends have the X and wear them on the belt. They never complain about it being a problem. Tho I do often ask why they are wearing a netbook on their hip. /badaboom

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

csimo

Reaction score
I've used a belt clip on every other phone I've used, but when I switched to the X I didn't like it. I've converted to a back pocket (naked phone) and like it much better.

Just my personal experience.

Beka27

Reaction score
OP
N

NealJ777

Reaction score
Thank you very much for all the info.

It really depends what I am wearing at the time and the time of year.

I tend to keep my cell phones on a belt clip, especially when wearing dress attire (shirt, belt, slacks, etc.) Summer time, when I'm wearing shorts, the phone usually goes in a pocket. During the winter months the phone will go into a jacket pocket.

When I have it on my belt and I jump into the car, the phone can sometimes make things feel cramped and I end up putting the phone on the center console.

Thank you again for the feedback. :)

Beka27

Reaction score
The clip I posted is very sleek looking, I think that would look great with a nice pair of slacks. The capabilities of the phone will soon make you forget about any potential holster issues...

OP
N

NealJ777

Reaction score
The clip I posted is very sleek looking, I think that would look great with a nice pair of slacks. The capabilities of the phone will soon make you forget about any potential holster issues...

Beka: The link is just going to the Verizon web page and not to a specific item.