Droid X and bluetooth

Parrott2727

Reaction score
I have paired my motorola H505 bluetooth ear piece - I have bluetooth checked in settings, the scan for devices recognized the H505 and says it is connected to phone audio, but the sound does not come out of the ear piece, it is still coming from the phone. What did I forget to do?

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
Once it is paired and connected, once you dial a call you should see on the number pad a small button at the bottom left corner that has the bluetooth icon, and if there is a green bar lit up, sound is going to the bluetooth device. ( there is a similar button on the right side of the keypad for speaker phone, if you touch that sound goes to the speaker phone instead IIRC. One thing I often forget to do is turn on bluetooth on the phone - there is a toggle on off on the last home screen to the left.

droid6user

Reaction score
I have paired my motorola H505 bluetooth ear piece - I have bluetooth checked in settings, the scan for devices recognized the H505 and says it is connected to phone audio, but the sound does not come out of the ear piece, it is still coming from the phone. What did I forget to do?

On the droid X, go to bluetooth settings. Make sure you have paired and connected to your headset.

Once you are in the bluetooth settings page, go down to bluetooth devices. "Press and Hold" your device. A screen will pop up, pick "Options". You can select

1. Connect
2. Phone
3. Media

flyrod

Reaction score
Same issue

I have the same issue with a Droid X and H505 (no audio despite the phone saying it's paired and connected to phone audio). Has anyone been able to make the H505 work with the Droid X?
Thanks.

deftdrummer

Reaction score
I have gotten this to work for both phone calls and phone audio at the same time. I had the same troubles you guys were in that the phone showed connected, even on the DroidX it showed "connected for phone audio."

What I did on my Windows 7 32 bit machine was went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers. You should see your DroidX appear as a phone icon as one of the devices. It may even have a yellow exclamation point indicating driver issues. Don't worry about that.

What you want to do is right click the icon and select "control." Here you will see settings for listening to audio through the computer's speakers and using the computer as a bluetooth headset for phone calls. Connect both.

If you have problems try connecting these options before making a phone call. Then once in a phone call select the bluetooth option in the lower left on your DroidX.

Let me know if this works.

FnTwizted

Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue, the only way I can get it to work is tapping the bt burton in call on and off gets uhf after a while and don't want to wipe cause I think it won't help and I know its the phone cause it does the same thing in my car.

sasha04

Reaction score
I have same problem unresolved as stated above -
I have paired my motorola H505 bluetooth ear piece with my newly bought Motorla Droid X. I have bluetooth checked in settings, the scan for devices recognized the H505 and says it is connected to [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR] audio, but the sound does not come out of the ear piece, it is still coming from the [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Of course if i speak thru the phone and the caller comes on I can click on the bluetooth icon on lower left and then the sound comes through the head set but that defeats the whole purpose of using the bluetooth alone to make the call and speak - which is in my car and not holding the smartphone which is illegal in CA. At the local verizon store all they could say is that this bluetooth is "too old" and I should buy a more recent version. Is that necessary?

dtsig

Reaction score
I never did get my old Moto earpiece to work with the droid x. Picked up a new Plantronix Voyager Pro and haven't looked back.

iNoMaD

Reaction score
Hey guys, having some issues trying to connect my X to my laptop via bluetooth,using windows 7 32bit. It pairs fine but doesnt connect, I tried troubleshooting but it says "The driver for Bluetooth Periphreral Device is not installed. Install the latest driver for this device." So I choose "apply this fix" from the options but it then says "device driver software was not successfully installed." Im at a complete loss,any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Backjudge

Reaction score
Same issue. Win7 and Droid X. Paired but wont connect. It actually connected once this morning and I transferred a picture to test it. It worked like a charm but now it won't work again. Strange.