DROID X already a dinosaur?

chanerade

Reaction score
Just out if curiosity, how many of my fellow DROID X-ers think its becoming out dated compared to all these new phones? Im currently running the rooted GB leak and love it, my phone does everything I ask it to do, my contract doesn't end till next summer so my next phone ill be paying full retail for. I guess im just seeing if anyone else feels like their phone is ancient compared to all these new ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Rasper912

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? This phone is awesome!!

Spoken into a can, attached to some string, attached to another can that YOU happen to be holding.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I think that it is.. especially when you see the Thunderbolt with more roms than us within a week.. damn locked bootloader

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have watched youtube vids of the Thunderbolt and the Atrix. Those phones are fast but mine is pretty darn close and I'm only slightly OC'd.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Pretty much anything is going to be outdated unless its the "latest and greatest", this is true with any technology. Also, the dx/2/2g's have reached EOL so even verizon is calling them outdated.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Just out if curiosity, how many of my fellow DROID X-ers think its becoming out dated compared to all these new phones? Im currently running the rooted GB leak and love it, my phone does everything I ask it to do, my contract doesn't end till next summer so my next phone ill be paying full retail for. I guess im just seeing if anyone else feels like their phone is ancient compared to all these new ones.

This is the curse of being a tech enthusiast or gadget freak. Whenever I buy some cool new tech toy, it always seems like something cooler came out the next day. I actually had a Blackberry and was going to wait until the dual-core with 4G android phones come out like Bionic before switching but my Blackberry crapped out and I got the Droid X. I also want to mention, I do live in a 4G enabled area.

I still don't feel too bad because the X is still a great phone. Also, software isn't made to take advantage of the dual core so that feature won't be totally useful yet. We'll see how I feel when the actually new lineup of phones come out. I have a feeling either I will pony up the dough and pay full retail for a new phone or I will be spending a lot of time looking at the issues/bugs threads of the new phones to help fight off the urge.

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score

This is the curse of being a tech enthusiast or gadget freak. Whenever I buy some cool new tech toy, it always seems like something cooler came out the next day. I actually had a Blackberry and was going to wait until the dual-core with 4G android phones come out like Bionic before switching but my Blackberry crapped out and I got the Droid X. I also want to mention, I do live in a 4G enabled area.

I still don't feel too bad because the X is still a great phone. Also, software isn't made to take advantage of the dual core so that feature won't be totally useful yet. We'll see how I feel when the actually new lineup of phones come out. I have a feeling either I will pony up the dough and pay full retail for a new phone or I will be spending a lot of time looking at the issues/bugs threads of the new phones to help fight off the urge.

Couldn't of said it any better, and I dont live in a 4g area yet, so that's a concern for me yet, I guess I was just wanting a new tiny God for a phone and was looking for some feedback to stop me from spending 600 on a new phone

freezyfreaky

Reaction score

Couldn't of said it any better, and I dont live in a 4g area yet, so that's a concern for me yet, I guess I was just wanting a new tiny God for a phone and was looking for some feedback to stop me from spending 600 on a new phone

There should be a 12-step program for tech enthusiasts so they won't outspend their means on gadgets they don't need.

timelord

Reaction score
Well thats the nature of things today. Every phone is supercedded every 6 months or so. When my upgrade comes 04/12 they'll be some phone out that'll make the phones coming out in the next few months look like dinosaurs. :blackdroid:

ZombieSixShot

Reaction score
Got mine in like october, And im leaving in august for 6 months I love my x it does everything i need it to, i dont think having a dual core phone or a thunderbolt would make any difference. By the time i get back, the new QUAD CORE phones will be out and the dual cores will be outdated, especially the new 4g phones that are only single core like the thunderbolt.

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
especially the new 4g phones that are only single core like the thunderbolt.

LOL, no kidding.

I think the single core t-bolt has the potentioal to be outdated faster than any phone in history......

~John

Lol, yea the thunderbolt had a horrible release time, the bionic is right around the corner, i mean, if I upgrade and pay full price for a new phone, it needs to be a complete change from what I'm used to, all the phones that are getting ready to release just seem like little upgrades, I'm running the rooted gb leak right meow and overclocked at 1289 and its as smooth as butter.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
especially the new 4g phones that are only single core like the thunderbolt.

LOL, no kidding.

I think the single core t-bolt has the potentioal to be outdated faster than any phone in history......

~John

True minus the fact that the Bionic is sporting a Motorola locked bootloader. The TB isn't a month old and already has more developer support than the DX or D2. HTC's bootloader has been hacked for some time now. Look at the support and loyalty of the D1 :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
Yea but we got the GB leak, and there's enough Devs that wanna play with that to make it worthwhile. I'm sure the TB is awesome, just doesn't seem worth the 600 compared to my X right now.