DROID X already a dinosaur?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea but we got the GB leak, and there's enough Devs that wanna play with that to make it worthwhile. I'm sure the TB is awesome, just doesn't seem worth the 600 compared to my X right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Chevyno1 already has a GB ROM for the TB. The DX is an awesome phone (I own one), no question about it. The ONLY thing that cripples it is the bootloader and, in most user's preference, Blur.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

MrKleen

Reaction score
I had the D1, D2, DX, and now the Thunderbolt. My opinion is that none of them is a dinosaur. Each and every one has the ability to handle anything you send its way. The D1 can run any Rom with its open bootloader. The X is a great phone and should keep anyone happy.

The only reason I got the Thunderbolt was because I missed the Rom ability my D1 had, and of course 4g.

No way the X is a dinosaur. The LG Voyager is a dinosaur...

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
Forgive me for my blasphemy but...
The iPhone 5 should be out withen the 4-5 months too.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had the D1, D2, DX, and now the Thunderbolt. My opinion is that none of them is a dinosaur. Each and every one has the ability to handle anything you send its way. The D1 can run any Rom with its open bootloader. The X is a great phone and should keep anyone happy.

The only reason I got the Thunderbolt was because I missed the Rom ability my D1 had, and of course 4g.

No way the X is a dinosaur. The LG Voyager is a dinosaur...

+1

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Speaking of being locked down.....

leonozug

Reaction score
I think my Droid X is an awesome phone, and not outdated yet. With the Gingerbread leak, the X is hitting quadrant numbers VERY close to that newer Thunderbolt, and best of all, the X doesn't need an extended battery that makes it so thick and heavy that you could actually knock a person out by throwing it at their head. Big plus!! :)

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't care about the bootloader or new ROMs.

As someone else pointed out, each and every device is pretty much outdated within 6-8 weeks.

Dual core, big deal until apps come out that can make use of multi-threading.

Front facing camera, I'd never use it.

4G data speeds, awesome, except for the fact that I'm on wifi 90% of the time.

Give me something I would actually make use of before I would call my device too old.

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score

Speaking of being locked down.....

Lol, I love android don't get me wrong, and I traded my iPhone 4 in for my DX and never looked back, I loved jailbreaking my iPhone just as much as I do rooting my X, I think if the bootloader was unlocked then I could really get the full effect of running custom roms and kernals. But the best thing about an iPhone is it won't be outdated in 2 months, and I'm sure the hardware specs are gonna be pretty nice, I'm not a fan boy of ether apple or Google, I mean hell, a phones a phone lol

turdbogls

Reaction score
how is this phone outdated when it is still, to this day (4-11-11) the best 3G phone on the market?

however, if i had the chance, i would jump on a newer phone in a heart-beat. but my DX, slightly OC's, Low Voltage, rooted GB is an amazing device. it does everything i throw at it and begs for more. i will be happy for another 6 months or so with this phone.

OP
chanerade

chanerade

Reaction score
how is this phone outdated when it is still, to this day (4-11-11) the best 3G phone on the market?

however, if i had the chance, i would jump on a newer phone in a heart-beat. but my DX, slightly OC's, Low Voltage, rooted GB is an amazing device. it does everything i throw at it and begs for more. i will be happy for another 6 months or so with this phone.

Yeah I'm thinking about 5-6 more months, I'm sure when apex comes to gingerbread I'm gonna fall in love all over again.

bfboy

Reaction score

I sure hope the droid x isn't a dinosaur, yet. Mine won't be here until this afternoon.dancedroid

jeff0r3

Reaction score
The X is a great phone. I must admit, I had much more fun with my D1 and the ability to change roms often! 6 more months and its going in my old phone vault!

Sadly, if I were able to upgrade my phone right now, I would obviously buy a ThunderBolt. The DX a Dinosaur..... Yup... :(

azaraith

Reaction score

So? And it's big announcement will be no longer needing to sync with a computer! Can stream from cloud! Magical and revolutionary! :icon_ banana:

DX isn't a dinosaur, not compared to what is currently available or announced for this summer. Biggest announcements are 4G and dual core. 4G still drains battery like crazy. Dual core is cool, but I'm not sure that the speed diff alone makes DX Jurassic.

en28so

Reaction score
My X will carry me until august 2012 with no problems. Then maybe I can make the jump to a quadcore phone.