Droid wouldn't turn on last night...

piggylubber

Reaction score
Last night, I plugged in my Droid X to charge...a few hours later I unplugged it and tried to turn it on and nothing. I checked my plugs connections, re-plugged into a new outlet...still nothing.

Few minutes of staring at it..pushing off button..taking out battery..repeating all I could think of..nothing. One more time, (about 15 minutes in by now) plugged in the charger and the phone turned on. States it had 100% charge.. Succesfully used the Kindle app for about 2 hours following as well as using it today with no problems...

Any idea what this is all about? I used it a *lot* geocaching yesterday and when the battery got low, it did feel very hot...but this is my first smartphone and I don't know what to expect.

Also, this takes the same car charger as my former Dare...Is it okay to use the Dare's charger on the X? Haven't tried it yet, but don't want to plunk out $30 on a vehicle charger if I don't have to.

Brian1

Reaction score
No idea on the charger there. I know on the original droid even if had the same plug it may not work. It kind of freaks out the phone. Turning on stuff and other wierd stuff. The Droid had to use one specified for the Droid. Yeah they will build up some heat if on alot. If stock then should be no worry.

Brian

ChugIt

Reaction score
Actually that isn't true. I use my old Env2 charger on my Droid as well as the one that came with it. It is the exact same plug. The Droid's plug wasn't original.

OP
P

piggylubber

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if the plug would be a different frequency or wattage or whatever....LOL

As far as it not coming on ....that is my biggest worry. Is this a software problem that will be fixed or a hardware issue and I need a new phone...

mkw87

Reaction score
I use several old chargers from my old moto q with adapters on them to charge my Droid all the time with no ill effects. However, I wouldn't rule out a faulty charger.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

piggylubber

Reaction score
I just don't think its the charger because when the phone finally did come on the battery was showing 100%...that is what has me stumped on why I couldn't get the phone to turn on.

Asharad

Reaction score
I'm using my Kindle charger on my Droid, because the cable is longer than the one sold with the droid.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it continues to happen. I hope it works out. The X is a very nice phone!

slvrncld

Reaction score
i had my X since thursday, and that is one of MANY issues i'm having. it's happened 3 times so far. its a nice looking phone, but i am not impressed with anything about it so far.

OP
P

piggylubber

Reaction score
So far, I am very pleased with the phone. It is my first smart phone, and all the things this can do compared to my old Dare 9 (yuck)are wowing me. After the Dare, I thought I would never own a phone with touch typing, but the x has reset that standard...LOVE swype!

I am just nervous knowing the clock is ticking on my 30 day return and would hate for this charger thing to be a constant problem..

Thanks for the insight all!