1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid/windows networking

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Norm38452, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Norm38452

Norm38452 New Member

New to the forum so first off hello and happy holidays. I just purchased a motorola Droid and have a question that multiple google searches have turned up nothing for me.

I would like to be able to access the memory card of my phone wirelessly from my pc. Is there a way that I can make the phone appear in "My Network Places" so i can drag and drop mp3's and pics without having to connect anything? I installed es file explorer, and can access pc files from the phone, but it would be easier for me to do from the laptop. I know i can just connect the usb or insert the memory card to the computer, but I thought this might be possible. Anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Oh by the way I'm running windows xp on my machines if that makes a difference
  2. srothkin

srothkin New Member

I'm using SwiftFtp which is an FTP server for Android. It doesn't support windows networking, but I'm using GoodSync for Android along with this which does. I have a folder on my PC that I sync to the Droid SD card. To add files to the Droid from the PC I just have to drop files into that folder tree and the next time I sync they'll get copied over.
Search tags for this page
add adroid to homegroup

add android phone to homegroup

add android to windows homegroup
add my samsung s3 to my pc homegroup
adding android to my windows network
android phone in my network places

android windows 7 homegroup

droid dna connect to windows homegroup
droid networking
droid razr how to join a windows home group
join homegroup win7 with droid dna