droid/windows networking

Norm38452

Reaction score
New to the forum so first off hello and happy holidays. I just purchased a motorola Droid and have a question that multiple google searches have turned up nothing for me.

I would like to be able to access the memory card of my phone wirelessly from my pc. Is there a way that I can make the phone appear in "My Network Places" so i can drag and drop mp3's and pics without having to connect anything? I installed es file explorer, and can access pc files from the phone, but it would be easier for me to do from the laptop. I know i can just connect the usb or insert the memory card to the computer, but I thought this might be possible. Anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Oh by the way I'm running windows xp on my machines if that makes a difference

srothkin

Reaction score
I'm using SwiftFtp which is an FTP server for Android. It doesn't support windows networking, but I'm using GoodSync for Android along with this which does. I have a folder on my PC that I sync to the Droid SD card. To add files to the Droid from the PC I just have to drop files into that folder tree and the next time I sync they'll get copied over.