Droid voice recognition-powered call *answering* app/function?

Floopik

Reaction score
Hello,

I am completely new here, yet I am the proud owner of a Motorola Droid. I love everything about it, except I have run into one issue:

When I use my Droid in the car, I know how to answer calls when I use it in my car mount, though it requires a lot of distraction with sliding my finger to unlock and pressing "answer" to answer the call. I am looking for an app, or ideally a built-in function, to answer the call completely hands-free and have it go straight to speakerphone so I can answer the call and continue driving seamlessly. I would like to avoid buying an expensive cumbersome headset to do this as well -- I have done some reading and unless I am mistaken, this seems the only option for commuters like myself to receive their calls hands-free.

Am I wrong? I would love to know whether or not this is possible and praise this community for their wealth of existing knowledge. Thanks! :motdroidvert: = :heart:

xliderider

Reaction score
Don't know of any solutions to your problem. I have a Jabra SP700 BT speakerphone that works well for incoming calls. Just press one button to answer.

Outgoing calls are another thing entirely. :rolleyes:

rjax

Reaction score
Have you tried the AutoAnswer app from the Market?