Answering a call...

JerryRogan

Reaction score
I've just switched from the Eris Droid to the Motorola Droid and I really have no regrets after several days.

I am having a problem answering calls though. I know, just touch the green handset and drag it to the right! Well, that's a two handed operation and I don't always have two free hands. On the Eris I could hold the phone and drag the banner down with my thumb to answer.

Any suggestions? :icon_eek:

JCo352

Reaction score
How is it a two handed operation? Are you left handed?

big.daddy

Reaction score
you could always use a bluetooth to answer. swiping is the only way to answer on the droid that i know of.

OP
JerryRogan

JerryRogan

Reaction score
Two handed for me anyway. One to hold the phone and the other to swipe!

Arthritis I'm my hands forces this.

OP
JerryRogan

JerryRogan

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick help, I appreciate that.

FWIW, I enjoyed the Eris Droid, but I do like the Moto Droid a bit better. Incredible display and haven't found any apps yet that didn't work. I couldn't say the same for the Eris, but 2.1 might have something to do with that.

Thanks again... dancedroid

JEndicott3

Reaction score
Answering the Phone

There are several problems with the "slide to answer" feature
1. The slide jumps back before it answers. This is reported by many users and happens on both of my phones.
2. Bright sun and/or sunglasses make it impossible to see the slider or to know if the slide "took"
3. Bluetooth does not auto-answer
4. It takes 2 hands to answer the phone

Because of these problems, I usually have to call back anytime someone calls.

I hope that Verizon, Motorola, and Google care enough to read these Forums

allikanbe

Reaction score
You could also d/l Tedd's Droid Tools from the market. you can then push the camera button to answer the phone.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You could also d/l Tedd's Droid Tools from the market. you can then push the camera button to answer the phone.

I tried that but found it to not work most of the time..the camera button and the on screen answerer. Bottom line is that the droids answering capabilities suck and hopefully this wil be addressed in 2.2..

JEndicott3

Reaction score
Thanks... It seems to work if I press it twice. It has to be better than missing 75% of the calls.

Postnsons

Reaction score
There's an app, auto answer, which will answer the call in a user determined # of rings, if that suits your fancy. :blackdroid: