Droid vibrating while on call

mgeneral

Reaction score
If I am on a call and I get an e-mail the phone vibrates in my ear.

I thought while you are on a voice call you can not use data?

Any way to stop this? Anyone else experience this?

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
o0 you don't actually believe at&t's commercials do you?
you can talk and use data services at the same time, it's just a bit on the slow side.
how to shut off notifications during a call I don't know how to fix though, possibly through the Locale app, I've not really had time to play with it much

Sarreq Teryx

Reaction score
you can talk and browse at the same time, it's just a lyle on the slow side

luisdroid

Reaction score
haha. wow. this happens to me all the time. but i've learned to live with it. the person im talking usually is like wtf was that??:icon_eek:

BrettjMcK

Reaction score
Not only does the Droid vibrate but if listen closely, it plays the notification sound. Sometimes the person I'm talking to hears. A muffled "droooiiid!" They freaked out saying "the hell was that!?!?"

thatguy

Reaction score
to turn off the vibrate setting open up your messaging app, go to settings, go to notification settings, turn off vibrate when on call

PJnc284

Reaction score

unless you have wifi turned on, you should lose your data connection.

Silver Member
Reaction score

unless you have wifi turned on, you should lose your data connection.

this. you're only getting email notifications because you're attached to wifi.

to turn off the vibrate setting open up your messaging app, go to settings, go to notification settings, turn off vibrate when on call

so, what you're saying is the OP has to disable this everytime he gets a call and then re-enable it when he's done? that's silly!

PJnc284

Reaction score

so, what you're saying is the OP has to disable this everytime he gets a call and then re-enable it when he's done? that's silly!

I believe what he meant was there's an option to disable the notification while you're on a call. Check that box and no more alerts while on call but it will still work when you aren't on a call.

Silver Member
Reaction score

I believe what he meant was there's an option to disable the notification while you're on a call. Check that box and no more alerts while on call but it will still work when you aren't on a call.
the problem is, i don't see where he is talking about. there's no such option to disable vibrate while on call.

PJnc284

Reaction score
Could've sworn I saw an option for that when I first got the droid but now I can't find it anyway. go figure.

hmm...looks like there's an option for disabling text messaging notifications while on a call in handcent but don't see anything in the main notification or email settings.

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had a feeling it was handcent or some other app. but that doesn't solve OP's issue of email notifications.