Droid/Verizion caller id?'s

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by magma86, Jan 12, 2010.

1. magma86

magma86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks, just got the Droid and changed to Verizion and was wondering about caller id. Was a Sprint customer before and all of our phones had caller id when calling a landline - We now have Droids and a Droid Eris and none of them have caller id. Caller id says "wireless customer". Had this problem with the old company when we added a phone to the account and finally figured out that the name had never been put on acct. Called Verizion store today and asked about caller id and after talking to tech support, told me that that's the way Verizion works...no caller id. Did a search on Verizions site and only reference I could find was disable/enable Blackberry phones. Anyone else having this issue or is this normal for Verizion?

2. jwd45244

jwd45244 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is normal for Verizon.

3. crspang

crspang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So lets say for example, you call your wife from your droid, and she answers from a landline and the landline phone's caller id says "wireless caller"? Is this correct?
    In a situation like that, mine works and sends the caller id info with my name to landlines. I am a former Alltel (Alltel was bought by VZW) customer, so that might be the difference.

Search tags for this page
caller id setup verizion
driod mini ring tones that have caller id

droid caller id

how can i take cller id off my droid
how do i turn on caller id on motorola droid
how to turn off talking caller id on android
motorola droid talking caller id
rocketdial caller id problem
turn off caller id on droid
turn off stock caller id and use rocketdial caller id droid