DROID Unresponsive to power button - unable to get out of standby

OP
scarrz

scarrz

Reaction score
Do you have to have root access? When I try the preset aggressive mode it says no root access.

B][/B]
Guys, I've never had a problem like ya'll are describing. But if I did, I would do a factory reset and start installing my apps again one at a time. I've seen this kind of issue in posts on different boards and where the issue was solved was almost always with app conflicts or rogue apps. If memory serves, the offenders were often Home replacement apps, virus apps, one or two guys had issues with Task Killers, and a few other scattered apps (don't recall specifics).

Good luck.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a home replacement app?

OP
scarrz

scarrz

Reaction score
Disregard just read the opening disclaimer

Do you have to have root access? When I try the preset aggressive mode it says no root access.

B][/B]
Guys, I've never had a problem like ya'll are describing. But if I did, I would do a factory reset and start installing my apps again one at a time. I've seen this kind of issue in posts on different boards and where the issue was solved was almost always with app conflicts or rogue apps. If memory serves, the offenders were often Home replacement apps, virus apps, one or two guys had issues with Task Killers, and a few other scattered apps (don't recall specifics).

Good luck.

Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a home replacement app?

Artimis

Reaction score
I too have recently started having these issues. I have had this Droid since December and never had problems like this until the last week or so. Hitting the power button will sometimes not turn the screen back on and the only remedy is a battery pull. I also received a call today where the screen would not turn back on after pulling the phone away from my face. The only remedy for that was a battery pull too.

I just installed auto killer as suggested and noticed that on aggressive mode my memory is significantly more free so hopefully that will help.

I have no clue why this started happening recently as I haven't made any drastic changes since this started. I do suspect that the random non-responisve power button issues could be due to a temperature monitoring program.

rbbtswfl

Reaction score
I've uninstalled anti virus free avg, and the screen locking problem hasn't re-occurred.

Here's from VZ:
Currently, we have not received much feedback regarding this issue. However, after further review, if you have a free Antivirus application called droidSecurity, Inc, this has been known to cause conflicts with the device. If this application is installed, the application needs to be removed via Google Market by doing the following:

1. Access Google Market
2. Press Menu > Downloads
3. Select Antivirus Free
4. Select Uninstall
5. Power cycle the device

Once you remove this application, you should show improved performance with your device.