1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid unable to achieve GPS lock

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by cccpr, Feb 25, 2010.

1. cccpr

cccpr New Member

For the past couple days, my Droid's been trying to acquire a GPS lock and failing miserably. Several reboots haven't helped, and it's really frustrating. aGPS locks on fine as always, though. Are there any more specific solutions I can try?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

I read a post awhile back about turning your phone around 3x on all 3 axes helps reset some sensors and pick up GPS (I dont know if it fixes the cause or the symptoms).
  3. brochaos

brochaos New Member

i have this problem too. i still think it is because of a conflict with some other program. i removed my weather programs (that update based on locations) and it still happens. the only other things that i use that access gps are maps obviously, the browser and dolphin.

it always works fine if i restart the phone too...
  4. cccpr

cccpr New Member

I just removed Foursquare and restarted, and managed a lock. I'll try reinstalling to see if it happens again to try to isolate the issue.
  5. brochaos

brochaos New Member

no foursquare here. i have all the places/yelp/etc apps too, but i never use them.

do you use latitude? i know that is constantly doing location updates in the background. i'm gonna turn that off (and buzz too) and see if that helps.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
Search tags for this page

android gps unable to get location

android gps unable to lock
android unable to acquire location
android unable to find location gps
android unable to get location
unable to find location gps droid 4
unable to on gps in android

unable to use gps on android

x5 gps lock