Droid Turbo 2 vs the Nexus 6P

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it speaks volumes that the guy who presented the phone at the announcement came out and dropped it twice on concrete. I've already seen some videos from people getting hands-on with the device at the event dropping it as well, so it appears that they're confident enough in the device to encourage folks there to try out how resilient it is.

Should be interesting to see the test videos online after this thing is released...

I only have one question...Will it blend?
I can not wait until 2016 phones are out. Hopefully shatterproof become the new norm like turbo charging is now. Last year the turbo was first (correct me if I'm wrong can not remember if the nexus 6 or turbo was first) to high speed charging and then we saw more phones offer the same this year.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Note 4 had Samsung's fast charge right around the same time those 2 phones came around as well.

Kinda interesting that this seems to be a proprietary Moto thing, rather than something developed by Corning. I've only skimmed the specs. Does anyone know if their 5 layer technology includes Gorilla Glass?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Note 4 had Samsung's fast charge right around the same time those 2 phones came around as well.

Kinda interesting that this seems to be a proprietary Moto thing, rather than something developed by Corning. I've only skimmed the specs. Does anyone know if their 5 layer technology includes Gorilla Glass?
True, like only Motorola can use the term "turbo charging". Samsung calls it fast charging (I believe) but it does the same thing. I am sure shatterproof may not be the term that others use. But if the phone get a lot of buzz, well it's a copy cat industry so we could see more phones concentrate on screens that can take a drop. And I can see Samsung taking that tech and still being able to provide a beautiful screen experience.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
RE: Turbo 2: I certainly hope that even though it has a shatterproof screen, that it will be indeed be a beautiful screen experience.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can not wait until 2016 phones are out. Hopefully shatterproof become the new norm like turbo charging is now. Last year the turbo was first (correct me if I'm wrong can not remember if the nexus 6 or turbo was first) to high speed charging and then we saw more phones offer the same this year.

My guess is that every major phone release in 2016 will have similar shatter proof / shatter resistant glass. Like you said, it's a copycat market. This will probably be the new norm, screens that are scratch resistant and shatter resistant at the same time. We have talked about it many times on here, how you can only have one or the other (there are some great glass articles by FoxKat on this forum) and now it looks like we can finally have both.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
[QUOTE="Jonny Kansas, post: 2657357, member: 29890" Should be interesting to see the test videos online after this thing is released...

I only have one question...Will it blend?[/QUOTE]

Blend or bend? Just kidding. :D What is going to be more fun than test videos is all of the people that are going to do crazy things on You Tube to break one and get their 15 minutes of fame. Let the "hey...watch this" videos begin.