DROID Turbo 2? Interested? Will you get one?

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I'd go with the next gen Droid Turbo tomorrow if they'd offer 5 RAM, replaceable battery and SD card. That would make the Turbo II a
world beater.

=^.".^=

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've seen two sets of specs..one with a 6something processor and another with the 810..one had 2 gigs of ram listed and the other had 3...

3 gigs was cutting edge last year..you'd think, or I'd hope..for 4gigs this year and a removable sdcard would be awesome. Also not being locked down like fort Knox like other droids..but that won't happen.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
3 gigs was cutting edge last year..you'd think, or I'd hope..for 4gigs this year and a removable sdcard would be awesome.

Gotta milk it. Remember, this phone isn't really expecting to get you to upgrade from last year's model, it's people with 2-3 year old phones for whom 3gigs IS a significant bump.

Plus, they're trying to keep the cost down for a more friendly retail price. Can't blame them there. You do wonder if we'll start seeing a trend where they offer the same phone but a premium and "value" version with lesser specs.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Gotta milk it. Remember, this phone isn't really expecting to get you to upgrade from last year's model, it's people with 2-3 year old phones for whom 3gigs IS a significant bump.

Plus, they're trying to keep the cost down for a more friendly retail price. Can't blame them there. You do wonder if we'll start seeing a trend where they offer the same phone but a premium and "value" version with lesser specs.
I could see that..a few less ppi and a slower processor for 400$ and then the full deal for 650$..

And that's true..lots of outdated phones out there...but they need to make A hotrod IMHO..biggest and best for the year...with a huge removable batter and a great screen..for the phone heads out there...imho

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I could see that..a few less ppi and a slower processor for 400$ and then the full deal for 650$..

And that's true..lots of outdated phones out there...but they need to make A hotrod IMHO..biggest and best for the year...with a huge removable batter and a great screen..for the phone heads out there...imho

Yeah, what I'd really like to see, from all the manufacturers but at least ONE, is a value and premium version, and hit a different screen size every year. I just feel like there's not nearly enough choices of screen size in high-end phones.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Thing is the difference in actual manufacturing costs between let's say the latest and greatest processor (Snapdragon 820 for instance), versus the second best or even third best (think Snapdragon 810 or 805), and between 3GB and 4GB of RAM, along with the minor cost of a card slot doesn't equate to a real significant added expense, yet you'll see significant difference in pricing which means they're both inflating the price of the high end phones AND overpricing the midline phones at the same time, maximizing profits on both ends of the stick.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I would use a droid turbo 2 or the next max

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
How about a completely new, redesigned Droid?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If it has a good battery and the features i want sure

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is just me guessing.....but I think the new 2015 Droid will have its own name. "Droid Pure" or who knows what. It will have a similar design to the Moto X Pure with similar specs... but it will look a little different and have slightly different materials (kevlar, ballistic nylin, or some new back material) and it will have a great big battery with quick charge and wireless charging. And... of course will have all the Droid branding and Verizon apps. Just my hunch.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This is just me guessing.....but I think the new 2015 Droid will have its own name. "Droid Pure" or who knows what. It will have a similar design to the Moto X Pure with similar specs... but it will look a little different and have slightly different materials (kevlar, ballistic nylin, or some new back material) and it will have a great big battery with quick charge and wireless charging. And... of course will have all the Droid branding and Verizon apps. Just my hunch.

I doubt they'll go withe "Pure" as the name. The whole point of the Pure is that it comes unlocked with no carrier interference. The Droid line, by definition, is a VZW exclusive and will be locked down just like the rest.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I doubt they'll go withe "Pure" as the name. The whole point of the Pure is that it comes unlocked with no carrier interference. The Droid line, by definition, is a VZW exclusive and will be locked down just like the rest.
True, very true.....that was my attempt at humor / sarcasm.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The droid taxx..droid turmaxx..droid maxxbo..lol