Droid Touchscreen not working, urgent help needed!

kalzekdor

Reaction score
Droid Touchscreen not working. Solved, ty.

Ok, I may be panicking a bit here, so forgive any lost details.

My <1 month old droid was working perfectly, until, today, a glass of iced tea slipped out of my hand, and a small amount splashed onto my droid. When I say small, I mean like 10-20mL. Since then, there has been absolutely no response from the touchscreen. I've checked around, and, apparently, the little round window underneath the battery cover with the red Xs is water damage indicator, and it is has not been activated.

It's not as though I dropped the thing in a pool of water; someone using their phone in the rain would have it exposed to far more water than mine was. This device cannot be that sensitive to moisture, or it would be completely unusable.

Someone please tell me there's a simple solution to all of this and that I'm just overreacting.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pull out the battery, put it back in, turn it on.

OP
K

kalzekdor

Reaction score
I've tried that, several times. I'll try again now, but is there anything else that can be done?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you say on the screen, do you mean that it seeped through the cracks?

OP
K

kalzekdor

Reaction score
A bit, yes, but, I don't think that matters anymore. Apparently all that was needed was to leave the battery out for ~10 mins (which I did before my first post) and then reinsert it and restart the phone. It seems to be working now.

Sorry for panicking a bit, lol.