Droid stuck on Motorola Startup

Charple

Reaction score
Okay, so an hour ago I was surfing the internet on my Droid 2, and it just shut off, went black. I had it plugged into a charger at the time so I had no idea what it could be. I ttried to turn it back on and it would, and still does, just flash the red "M" of the Motorola logo, and that is it.

-No Roots that I know of, never downloaded any by myself
-Tried the X and Power at the same time, and nothing, just black screen
-Taking battery out and putting it back in just gave me Flashing Motorola
-The only way it actually will show any sign of starting up (Flashing Motorola) is if I plug it into the charger, otherwise it is just a black screen

I need help getting it to work again, thanks
I can provide any details to the best of my abilities if needed.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Been a while since I messed with D2, but try holding alt down and then delete...If no go...Do the Power Camera x and then hit spyglass and hit wipe data factory reset. If nothing then try apply update.zip. then if nothing, sure fire that bad boy via SBF...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

OP
C

Charple

Reaction score
Alt-Down-Delete - Made the Motorola Logo stay longer before disappearing and flashing again, but a no-go
Power-Camera-X - Black Screen, held down for 2 minutes
Don't know what Update.zip is, may need an explanation
Don't know what SBF is, may need an explanation
Thanks

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alt-Down-Delete - Made the Motorola Logo stay longer before disappearing and flashing again, but a no-go
Power-Camera-X - Black Screen, held down for 2 minutes
Don't know what Update.zip is, may need an explanation
Don't know what SBF is, may need an explanation
Thanks

OK..I'm trying to get you into stock recovery... this will probably fix the issue. If not, SBF is where you'll need your computer to basically flash the software. This is what they do at Verizon as last resort fix...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK..I'm trying to get you into stock recovery... this will probably fix the issue. If not, SBF is where you'll need your computer to basically flash the software. This is what they do at Verizon as last resort fix...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->

You will find a video or two on YouTube on how to get to stock recovery....once there factory data reset. Use volume rockers to move up and down and camera to confirm.. its been a while... the videos are quick and easy and will walk you through..

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->

OP
C

Charple

Reaction score
The weird thing about this, is that I don't really have a choice on when I can turn my phone on, it kind of does it by itself, so when I press Power and X, it actually doesn't do anything because I have no control over the phones power.
I will probably have to find a USB cord to connect my phone to my computer then, thanks

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hope this helps... I am off to the night night...Lol Anyway. You should be fine. Sounds to me since you never rooted you probably need a factory data reset.. or hard reset.. Since this is the case, you can have it exchanged for a free refurb if under warranty. If not, no fear. You came to the right place. Ill check back tomorrow morn. You should be up and running though by then. Especially if your phone is able to hold a charge or take a charge. You will need plenty of battery if you have to SBF..You'll download RSDlite. And the full SBF file. The put the phone into bootloader and plug up. And then flash away... with some clicks and drags of the file and hitting start..lol There is a video for this too. YouTube has saved me many of days a few years ago when I got started and hooked. Hope the best. Stay in touch...:) peace!

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The weird thing about this, is that I don't really have a choice on when I can turn my phone on, it kind of does it by itself, so when I press Power and X, it actually doesn't do anything because I have no control over the phones power.
I will probably have to find a USB cord to connect my phone to my computer then, thanks

Remember you need to press these all at the same time. Pull your battery then replace it. Then start until you get the little android or triangle. Then press the little spyglass. That will bring recovery.

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->