Droid Screen Black

erica_ecg

Reaction score
Hello!

Today at school, my Droid was working fine. But then, it suddenly went black. I tried taking the battery out & then putting it back in, but that didn't work. I then left it out for about an hour, but nothing happened. The phone still turns off an on, the keyboard still lights up, the green notification light still blinks, and it still vibrates when I touch the screen. Does anyone know how I can fix this or if I need to bring it to the Verizon store? Thanks so much!

Erica

villain1998

Reaction score
I have the same issue, I will let you know what I can come up with.

PyroTink

Reaction score
This is the same problem I had that I posted about yesterday. (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/138673-black-screen.html) The way mine started working was to plug the phone up to a laptop (or computer I guess) like you were gonna transfer pics. Dunno why it worked, but it did. I just got a TBolt (which I ain't crazy about at all and will probably take it back), but the guy I got it from said if it happened once, it will probably happen again. It's running fine so far though.

villain1998

Reaction score
I searched the forum and came upon a post in which the guy said he did a few battery pulls and reboots and got it to work. I did about 15 or so and it finally showed the M logo and booted up normally. So hopefully this works for you?

the peach

Reaction score
Mine had been doing the same thing. the screen would be black but notification lights still showed and keyboard letters lit up and it would vibrate upon start up. I had to send it to motorola because verizon wouldn't take it because there were more than 3 scratches on the exterior of the phone which is bull****. Motorola sent me my same phone but it was fixed. My guess would be something with the wiring is messed up inside your droid.

PyroTink

Reaction score
For those who have had a screen blackout and had it fixed (without it being sent to Motorola), has it ever done it again?