729168313_xeSZa-L.jpg

Click for full size
729168254_DeucF-L.jpg

Full size
729168227_VJZmd-L.jpg

Click for full size
729168352_x2HBX-L.jpg

Reaction score
very nice pics, I also have been impressed with the quality of the photos especially color representation after the focus thing stopped being an issue.

droid100

Reaction score
NICE WORK! My main camera is also an SLR, and while I don't expect this to compare, your shots are great! It has a really hard time in low light... a lot of noise and just poor performance overall.

Looks fantastic in good lighting though... again, nice demo!

sterdroids

Reaction score
try capturing a running kid in a little low light :(

Nice shots by the way!

Silver Member
Reaction score
i like your composition. i feel like i can never find obvious photocentric items like that when i take photos. i recently did a side-by-side in another thread with my dslr and the photo representation by the DROID is more than adequate for most everyday shutterflies.

n0cturne74

Reaction score
My $200 Sony Cybershot with a Carl Zeiss lens can't even take good night pics. I think the droid takes comparable if not better pics than alot of point and shoot digital cameras

Silver Member
Reaction score
my panasonic lumix tz3 or whatever the heck it is takes HORRIBLE night shots. it's the lens, not the camera. those little guys just don't let in enough light.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I actually own a photography studio, so I take a lot of photos. Those look pretty great considering they are from a camera phone. Just dont view them in full size!

OP
markmicallef

markmicallef

Reaction score
I actually own a photography studio, so I take a lot of photos. Those look pretty great considering they are from a camera phone. Just dont view them in full size!

yes, no pixel peeping on the droid, even at ISO 56 the it's pretty noisy.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think thats the issue with any digital optics and no glass anyway isn't it? Digital zoom and everything else makes for some bad noise.

Of course, we DSLR snobs walk around with 17 feet in lens attachments. lol The phone is much more compact and in good light, or quick shots its more than acceptable.

yes, no pixel peeping on the droid, even at ISO 56 the it's pretty noisy.

qoncept

Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago that posting pictures from a digital camera was a surefire way to get yourself booed off a forum. You're never going to get a quality photo with a lense smaller than my contacts but it looks like their to the point that they're definitely good enough.

OP
markmicallef

markmicallef

Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago that posting pictures from a digital camera was a surefire way to get yourself booed off a forum. You're never going to get a quality photo with a lense smaller than my contacts but it looks like their to the point that they're definitely good enough.

Agreed, you're not going to get pictuers you can print and frame on the wall.
But it's nice to have a fairly descent and very portable camera that you can share
Pics with friends on facebook or other websites.

TheShaz

Reaction score
My only dissapointment on the Droid is the camera. :blink:

I came from the Samsung Omnia, it also has a 5mp camera and the device is well over a year old. So far I cant even come close to getting the same quality looking pics on the Droid as I did with the Omnia.

This weekend going to take the kids to Busch Gardens and play shutter happy dad, with a mix of pics and video's. If they come out blurry, at least they will have GPS tags. Something you couldn't get the Omnia to do.

Now the video is a different story, it's totally awsome.